Chapter 3: Pink Lips

Brett

I entered the address she sent me into my GPS right away, programming the fastest route to her house. I didn't actually think she would cave in and allow me to drive her to school.

But damn, I was happy when she did.

Becca was something else. One second she was gazing up at me with her big blue eyes, looking so innocent and vulnerable. The next, she was pure anger. I could see the fire she tried to hide behind her eyes and it was mesmerizing.

I took a chance when I kissed her and was pleasantly surprised when she kissed me back. I hadn't kissed anyone in a while and her soft lips were inviting. Not to mention her body felt perfect under my hands.

My phone chimed on my bed and I caught myself hoping it was Becca again.

Picking it up, I glanced at a text from a junior named Scarlett inviting me over to her house tonight since her parents weren't home.

I guess she didn't hear I have a new girlfriend. I chuckled thinking about the scene that occurred today in the hallway and shook my head. What have I gotten myself into?

I politely declined her invitation and shut my phone off. Sure, Scarlett was a catch. She was hot as hell with long, wavy brown hair and mysterious hazel eyes. Her body was curvy in all the right places and I knew she wanted me. She was always following me around school, sitting on my lap at lunch and throwing me lustfull glances and seductive winks every chance she had.

But I wasn't like that. I didn't do one-night-stands. I wanted something meaningful.

Something real.

And I wouldn't find that with Scarlett.

So then what the hell was I doing with Becca?

Truthfully, I didn't have the slightest idea what possessed me to grab her in the hallway and kiss the hell out of her.

I just knew I couldn't stand back and watch Jenny torment another innocent person. I had to step in and do something.

I shrugged off my varsity jacket and laid back on my bed, stretching my legs out in front of me and crossing my arms behind my head.

Coach demanded we wear it to school whenever we could, to showcase team unity and some other bullshit like that.

I didn't even like football, it was merely a pass time. Sure, I was good at it. That's why I'm team captain and have been for the past four years. But I didn't have a passion for it like the other guys did. It was just a way for me to kill time until I graduated and could get the hell out of this small town.

Slowly, I began to drift off to sleep, the images from this afternoon flitting into my mind.

She gently wrapped her arms around my neck when I kissed her. She kissed me back and it nearly shocked the hell out of me. I wasn't expecting her to actually enjoy it.

Hell, I wasn't even expecting to enjoy it.

But I did. A lot.

When she slipped her hand in to mine, it drove me crazy. I had no idea why, but she had an affect on me and I had the strange urge to protect and shelter her.

I fell asleep dreaming of that kiss.

Over and over again.

* * *

Becca

The harsh sunlight creeping through my bedroom window greeted me as my eyes slowly opened. I groaned loudly, rolling my head to the side to catch a glimpse of the time on my alarm clock. I just needed a few more minutes of sleep...