Part 71

Emily Prentiss' POV

We're all seating in the Conference Room to fill some papers because we don't have any cases today. Anyway, even if we had had a case, I couldn't go on the field and I would be forced to stay in my office... So today, it's actually a quiet day at the office.

* * * * * * * * * *

Aaron Hotchner's POV

I decided to do it today. I think this is it. With our second child on her way, this couldn't be better. I take advantage of the fact that we don't have a case today. I have to do it.

I get up and I walk to Emily. She turns back and we look into each other's eyes. I kneel down in front of her. She quickly understands what's going on and she covers her mouth with her hands. I see her eyes filling up with tears. I take out a little box from my pocket and I open it in front of my girlfriend, revealing a golden ring.

"Emily Prentiss, would you become Mrs. Hotchner?"

I nervously wait for her answer.

"Of course, I do!" She declares, shedding tears of joy.

I put the ring on her finger and I get up the kiss her, but she looks away and opens her mouth as she wanted to scream something.

"Hotch!" The whole team yells.

I turn and I feel a huge pain in my chest. I fall on the floor and everything became blurry...

* * * * * * * * * *

Jennifer Jareau's POV

I don't know what happened. I think Hotch has been shot. The shooter walks away, but I hear him being handcuffed. Dave runs to Hotch with Morgan. Dave puts pressure on his wound. I run to Emily, scared that she has been shot too, but the bullet doesn't seem to have reached Emily. I'm in front of her, hiding Hotch from her. Emily is shaking. She must be in shock.

"Emily? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

She shakes her head no but seems to be responding automatically, not normally. I turn her chair so she doesn't see her fiancé.

"It's okay, Emily. Aaron's going to be okay."

EMTs take in charge of Aaron while I call other EMTs to take care of Emily. While the EMTs are taking care of Emily in the Conference Room, Dave gets in the ambulance with Hotch. I stay in the Conference Room's doorframe. A few minutes later, someone runs to me; she reminds me of someone...

"Oh my God... I'm too late..." The woman sighs, looking at the crime scene.

The woman turns to me. I know who she is.

"Elle?"