Part 33

Jennifer Jareau's POV

Emily sits by my side. Aaron's going to start the video, but Penelope interrupts him.

"I don't wanna see that another time. I'm going to my office with the kids," she declares, then leaves the room with the kids.

Emily is already expecting the worst. She's pale and doesn't seem right. I hold her hand. She turns to look at me and smiles.

Aaron starts the video.

"Say 'hi' to the camera," a hooded man says.

Joy is tied to a chair. I try to discern where they are, but the only thing I know is that she's outside. She doesn't respond to the man. She has blood on her face. Her bottom lip is split and she has a black eye. She also seems pretty tired.

"All your friends are going to see you."

He smacks her in the face. She groans as his hand reaches her face. The screen becomes blurry.

"Okay. Now it works."

Joy seems in a worse shape.

"Say 'hi' to your friends who are watching you live. They will see you die live."

I see that Spencer is taking notes. Then, he goes outside without saying a word.

We don't follow him and we let him do what he has to do.

"I'm sure your dad is in there. Go ahead. Tell your friends everything."

Joy painfully lifts her head. The hooded man put a knife to Joy's throat.

"Guys..." She starts, breathless and weak. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't... Dad... Promise me you will take care of Zoe. She needs someone to count on. You have to raise her."

I turn to Dave. He's shaking his head and whispering 'no'. I turn back to the screen. Joy seems to be more determined.

"Don't let this asshole being close to her!"

"Shut up bitch!"

"It's him! Arrest him! I'm at..."

But she gets cut off by the knife getting in her stomach. Dave gets up and screams. The hooded man turns the knife in her stomach. Joy's eyes become bigger, but then they close. Dave leaves, followed by Aaron. My eyes fill up with tears. Emily holds my hand tighter. I know that she's crying too, so I hug her tight. Spencer enters the room.

"I know where Joy is."