Part 26

Penelope Garcia's POV

I'm preparing myself to go pick up my girlfriend at the airport. I can't wait to meet her for real! I'm leaving in a few minutes to be there at 1pm. My phone rings.

"Little sugar."

"Garcia, it's Hotch. I need your help for a case. Can you come to the BAU right now?"

"Uh... Sir. I'm sorry, but... It won't be possible before 5pm. I have to go to Richmond to pick up my gir... A friend at the airport. But after that, I'll be all yours. But you can brief me on my way to the airport?"

"Of course. I will."

"See you later."

Then I hang up, and I get in my car. I drive to the airport.

* * * * * * * * * *

Derek Morgan's POV

I'm watching Lacey while Desiree is resting because she's not feeling better.

"Oh! My baby girl is the cutest! Oh yeah! My baby girl!" I say to my 3-months-old niece, with a stupid voice.

Lacey makes a cute little face.

"Oh no! You're not making me a face?" I declare, doing funny faces.

Lacey replies with a smile.

"You think it's funny? You think your uncle is funny? Ooooh."

I hold her and I kiss her cheek. My phone rings.

"Morgan."

"Morgan, it's Hotch. I need you at the BAU for a case. It's pretty important."

"Um... It's because... Desiree is a bit sick. I... I can come. But I need to bring Lacey with me."

"Of course. Bring her with you. Briefing in 40 minutes."

"Get it. I'll be there."

* * * * * * * * * *

Spencer Reid's POV

We're still at the hospital. The kids are supposed to have their first chemotherapy session today. The night has been difficult. The kids, Jennifer and I didn't sleep very much. The kids woke up a lot. But they are finally resting a bit before the chemo. JJ is sleeping in my arms. I don't want to move because I don't want to wake her up. I want her to rest because she's pretty stressed and tired. But her phone rings. I silently curse, because I know it will wake her up. She grunts a bit and slowly opens her eyes. She looks at me and smiles. After, she gives me a little kiss. She turns her head and sees the kids are sleeping.

"They are so cute," she declares.

"Of course, they are, but your phone is ringing."

"Oh. Yes!"

She takes it, gets up and goes out the room before answering.

* * * * * * * * * *

Jennifer Jareau's POV

"Jennifer."

"JJ. You seem tired."

"Hotch... The night has been really long."

"Oh. But I need you to come to the BAU with Spencer."

"Uh... It's just that..."

"What's wrong?"

"Spencer can come, but I can't."

"Why?"

"It's a bit long to explain. I'll tell you later."

"Okay, then... Briefing in 40 minutes."

"I'll warn him. Bye."

I hang up and I go back in the room.

"Who was it?" Spencer asks.

"Hotch. He's expecting us for a case. I told him I can't come, but you will."

"Okay. But... How am I supposed to reassure the kids?"

"If I can. I mean, if you're not too busy. I'll Facetime you. Is it okay?"

"Okay..."

He gets up and silently approaches the kids' bed. He lays down kisses on the forehead without waking them up. Then he walks to me. He kisses me and looks in my eyes.

"Get some rest, okay? The kids are still sleeping, and you have dark circles under the eyes."

He kisses me again.

"Love you, Jennifer."

"Love you too, Spence."

Spencer leads to the door, but I stop him.

"Wait!"

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, but... I don't want you to tell the others about the kids having leukemia or us getting engaged. Not yet."

"I won't," he smiles.

Then he leaves. I decide to get some rest. So I get in the kids' bed and I hold them. I close my eyes and I fall asleep.

* * * * * * * * * *

Emily Prentiss' POV

Oliver is playing with cars in the living room. I'm going to the bathroom. My phone rings.

"Wait! I'm there!" I say, pulling up my pants and running out the bathroom.

I pick up the phone and answer.

"Emily."

"Hey, Honey. Prepare Oliver, we have a case."

"Is it about Dave?"

"Yes, it is."

"Okay. I dress up and I dress up Oliver. We'll be ready in ten minutes."

I hang up and I go downstairs.

"Oliver? Do you want to come to work with mommy?"

"Yeah!"

"Take off your pajama, mommy's going to pick you clothes."

Oliver starts to take off his pajama. I go upstairs and I dress up. Then I go to Oliver's bedroom and I pick a t-shirt, jeans, and socks. I go back in the living room and I help Oliver to dress up. Then, I help him to put on his shoes and I put on mine. We're ready. So we get out and we wait for Aaron who arrives three minutes later. I sit and buckle Oliver in his seat and then I sit beside him because Rossi is already sat beside Aaron.

"Hi, Zoe! How are you?"

As a response, she smiles. On the way to the BAU, I ask questions to Dave about what's going on, but he doesn't want to answer now. So I'll have to wait till the briefing.