Part 18

Jennifer Jareau's POV

I'm woken up by a hand placed on my boob. Surprised, I quickly open my eyes. Spencer is smiling, but that smile is soon replaced by a little grimace.

"What's wrong?" I whisper, not to wake up the kids.

"Your elbow is on my..."

"Your what?"

"It's on my balls, and it's quite uncomfortable."

"Sorry," I say, slowly getting up.

He smiles but still has his oh-my-god-it-hurts face. I laugh a bit. Then I look at the kids who are sleeping. I go upstairs, and I put the kids in my bed. Then I go back to the living room, hoping to see Spencer. But when I get there, he's no longer there. I turn my head towards the kitchen, and I see Spencer preparing coffee. I silently walk over to him, and I stop behind him. Then, I hug him. As he wasn't expecting that, he blenches.

"You scared the hell outta me!"

"Sorry for having freaked you out," I declare, smiling.

Spencer slowly turns around. He takes my face in his hands and looks me in the eyes.

"I love you, Jennifer. You're the love of my life. You're the girlfriend I was expecting. You're the person I was waiting for since my first breath. Every day, I'm falling in love... again. With the same beautiful woman. 'I love you'; even those words aren't enough to tell you how much you're... I don't have words. You're... Uh... You're Jennifer Jareau. Here we are. You're Jennifer Jareau. My colleague, my best friend, girlfriend, the mother of my children and maybe the future Mrs. Reid. I love you."

And then, he kisses me. I was waiting for this moment for a long time since the twins are born. I close my eyes, and I let myself fall in Spencer's arms. I love him.

After a few minutes, he removes his lips from mine.

I sit at the table, waiting for Spencer. He finally arrives with my coffee. I saw a paper under the cup. I wait for Spencer to sit, then I take the little piece of paper. I can recognize the handwriting: it's Spencer's.

On the paper, it's writing:

My love,

Since the day we met, I feel like I'm living a daydream. Everything seems new, different, life has a new flavor for me, I would go further; life finally has a meaning for me.

In your eyes, I discovered Love. Me, the loner, I've learned to love. No words are coming to me to thank you for showing the world with different eyes.

I have only one dream and it's to spend the rest of my life by your side, not to be far from you for one day and to build this family that we're dreaming about (the last one, we already have it).

Because we hadn't yet dared to speak, by modesty or caution, but I'm asking you now:

I look at him, because the text end there, and I'm not sure to understand. But then, I saw him: knelt down in front of me with a little red box in his hands. He opens it in front of me. I start to cry before he pronounces the words.

"Jennifer Jareau. Would you marry me?"

I get up, and I look into his eyes. A few tears of joy are running down my cheeks. I don't know how to react; I wasn't expecting that at all!

I finally decide to open my mouth to say those words.

"I do."

He gets up and holds me to kiss me. I put my arms around his neck, and I passionately kiss him.