•1•

Naruto sat in the hospital bed, the six year old had a dried trail of tears running down his cheeks. The last thing he remembered was his mother telling him to get down and his father frantically turning the steering wheel, the windshield shattered and it all faded to black. He woke up two days later in the hospital, alone. As gently as they could, the nurses explained to him what had happened, and that he was to go to his parents funeral in two weeks. He cried for hours after that, Naruto was going to an orphanage. He was scared, kids didn't like him very much. They made fun of how short he was and refused to befriend him, he was lonely. His parents were always by his side though, but now they weren't.

He looked out of the large window beside his bed, and stared at the cloudless sky.

"Mom, dad. Will you watch over me from up there?"

-

A six year old girl walked towards the park, it was sunny and warm today, the perfect day to go out and play! Her pink hair swung behind her in its short ponytail, as she skipped along the sidewalk humming a song her mother always sang to her.

'You are my sunshine,'

Maybe today she would make some friends, maybe today they won't throw sand in her hair or bury her shoes in the sandbox.

'My only sunshine.'

She hadn't once made a friend, she was always alone. Her parents tried to make her feel better, and sometimes it worked, other times they were at work and never home to see their little girl cry.

'You make me happy, when sky's are grey.'

The park was full today, Sakura saw lots of kids she's never seen before. All of them happily playing by themselves or with a friend.

'You'll never know dear,'

Kicking off her sandals, she stepped into the warm sand and smiled as the little grains of sand tickled her feet. She began her walk towards the swing, some kids ignored her but the ones who already knew her sent annoyed looks her way.

'How much I love you.'

She sat on the swing and began rocking back and forth, at least she was before someone pushed her off.

"Hey! This is my swing you pink headed freak!" A girl yelled, Sakura had seen her before. She's one of the usuals.

"I-I'm sor-" Sakura tried to apologize to the girl, she didn't want to get hurt today.

"Don't try to apologize!" The girl yelled,  picking up a rock that was in the sand and throwing it at her.

The rock scratched Sakura's cheek, it soon began to bleed. The mothers in the park sent her pitiful looks as they ushered their own children away from the scene, because who would want to help the 'pink headed freak'? Sakura looked up to see several other kids had joined the girl, boys and girls alike. They taunted and teased her, throwing different objects at her as they went. Sakura had finally had enough, she got up and ran over to where her shoes were, only to see that they weren't there. She quickly looked around to see them buried in the sand not too far from her, she grabbed them and put them on just as the other kids caught up to her.

"Get out of our park!" A boy in the back yelled.

The small girl quickly got up and ran away, tears cascading down her face. As she ran, her green eyes met another pair of  lavender ones. Hinata Hyuga, she got bullied a lot too. Sakura pointed behind her as she ran, Hinata got the message and ran back to her own house before the others could see her. Maybe Hinata could be her friend...

'Please don't take my sunshine away..'

-

It was rainy, gloomy and muddy. Naruto trudged through the graveyard towards his parents' funeral, his cerulean eyes that usually sparkled now looked dull. Everyone who talked to him after the service were adults trying to comfort him, the only other child there was his cousin Karin. She had left with her parents earlier on however, leaving her blonde cousin alone. Neither of them knew it, but that would be the last time they saw each other. After everyone left, Naruto stood alone in front of the two tombstones. The nurse who had escorted him here decided to give him some privacy, and told him to meet her at the car. The Uzumaki sat down on the muddy terrain, he could care less about the black suit he wore.

"Mom, dad? Why did you leave me?"

No answer.

"Will you come back?"

Silence.

"W-what if I said please?" Naruto's voice cracked as tears began to pool around his eyes.

Nothing.

"Please! I'm so lonely without you guys.."

The rain was the only reply he got.

-

As usual, the pinkette was welcomed with silence as she walked into the house, a note on the table next to a sandwich that was apparently her lunch. She understood why her parents had to work so much, well.. Kind of. She knew that if they didn't work, they wouldn't have their house, or clothes or food. She couldn't be mad at them, but she could be disappointed when she came home to silence everyday.

Sakura's parents worked at very low paying jobs, her father was expecting a promotion soon, but that didn't mean less work, it meant more. To the pinkette, their house was huge! But that's because she was little, she would obviously think it was big. In reality, they lived in a small basement. 

-

The orphanage was no fun, everyone ignored him. There was one kid named Sasuke that always liked to challenge him to things and act like he was superior to everyone, Naruto didn't like him one bit. He was slightly grateful for the boy however, he couldn't make a friend but at least he made a rival. Maybe one day they would become friends, they were both orphans, they would understand each other. Both boys were cast out from society, no one talked to them. Sasuke said he was glad with that, since apparently talking is too much work. Naruto simply rolled his eyes, at least the kids here didn't pick on him. Naruto was still lonely though, he was sure no other child his age could feel as lonely as him.
------------------------------------------

Woahhh konohaguild is starting a new book?? Shouldn't she be finishing chain reactions and love is friendship??? Hahaha no. I've had this idea for a while so I decided to start on it before I forgot about it like I usually do 😂I hope you all enjoy!