Chapter 19

mild trigger warning

* * * *

"I can't believe you finally took her on a date!"

"Ugh," Lauren groaned, pulling the phone away from her ear at the sudden loudness from her best friend on the other line. But really, she should have seen that coming when she told her about what had happened the previous night. "For the love of God, Ally, it wasn't a date."

"You literally went on a date with Camila last night and you can't convince me otherwise. I'm so proud of you for finally asking her!"

"I immediately regret this conversation."

"I'm so happy for you guys!" she shouted before a muffled voice came from somewhere on her end and Ally directed her next words away from the phone. "Yeah! She took her on a date!"

"Finally!" Lauren heard clearly and she rolled her eyes while rubbing her temples, knowing exactly who was there with her.

"I know!"

"Can you both calm down?" she asked the pair when she realized she was on speaker. "And you need to stop telling Normani everything I tell you about my whole...Camz situation."

"We're both on your side anyway. Even Mani could tell that her going on all those dates was upsetting you."

"Well it's not like I can just outright say hey don't go on dates with other people anymore."

"Girl, yes you can," Normani said, and Lauren could tell she was pulling the phone closer to her so she could talk. She closed her eyes and tried not to sigh too loudly. "And she went on the date with you anyway-"

"It wasn't a date-"

"Oh would you give it a rest," Ally said, interrupting them both. "Did she think it was a date?"

"I...maybe," she mumbled, feeling her cheeks reddening at the sound of sheer and utter delight coming from the two girls on the other end. "Shut up."

"Lauren I don't know why you get so annoyed and worked up; you're so cute when you're in your feelings."

"Ally, I swear to God..."

"Just embrace it," Normani agreed with her roommate, "she has a point."

"We're not talking about this anymore."

"Yes we are," Ally chimed in again. "Because we need to figure out what you're going to do next so you don't mess it up."

"What do you mean by we? And what makes you think I'm going to-" she stopped herself and huffed in annoyance, "okay what did you have in mind?"

"Well did you guys finally talk about it?"

"...No."

"Lauren!" they both yelled at the green eyed girl over the speaker.

"Stop yelling at me!"

"Stop having your head up your ass!"

"What Ally means," Normani cut in, "is maybe just tell her how you feel?"

"That sounds like a terrible idea."

"Oh okay because kissing your roommate slash friend and the whole no strings sleeping with her thing while you obviously have feelings for her isn't a terrible idea?" Ally challenged.

"I...don't have to respond to this."

"Lauren..."

"Ugh leave me alone," she grumbled in frustration, lying back until she was flat on the couch with her feet up on the arm of it next to the overweight cat that was lounging on top of it.