Chapter 12

[Warning: this chapter is a bit explicit] okay carry on 🌝

*    *    *    *

"We slept together."

Lauren kept her eyes on the table that Camila was still sitting at but she knew she hadn't stopped staring since the moment she opened her mouth. She wanted to wait for Allison to try to defend herself or come back with some sort of irrational lashing, whether it was at her or her poor roommate. But the apartment was annoyingly quiet.

"She's lying..." she finally said, her voice impossibly quieter than it should have been, as she peered up at the blonde sporting an unreadable expression. "Tell me she's lying." Lauren answered her at the same time as Allison.

"I'm not lying."

"Of course she is." Lauren rolled her eyes but still wouldn't bring her attention to her distressed roommate, not wanting to see the influx of emotions become increasingly apparent on her face.

"Are you really going to try that?"

"You're pathetic, Lauren," the blonde said defiantly with as much malice her voice could gather. "I knew you had a thing for Camila. I just didn't think you'd go so far as to lie to-"

"What are you talking about?" Lauren cut her off with narrowed eyes and a beyond confused look on her face. "Do you even hear yourself? Stop digging yourself in deeper; you're such a fucking idiot I swear to God."

"I'm the idiot? You don't even-"

"Both of you shut the fuck up!" Camila yelled finally, startling both girls and forcing them to acknowledge that, yes, she was still right there. She was standing but her hand was firmly gripping the back of one of the chairs and her eyes were frustratingly dampening the more she tried to keep her composure in check. But it was getting harder to do the longer she looked at Lauren. Because despite the unbearable start of their friendship where she honestly wouldn't have put it past the green eyed girl, she recalled her own words to her from not that long ago.

I feel like at this point, you have no reason to lie to me anymore.

"Mila, you're not seriously going to believe her over your own girlfriend are you?" Allison tried to ask her in such a sweetly innocent tone Camila almost felt bad for doubting her. But Lauren's next words shattered every bit of her resolve almost instantly. And any bit of hesitance went right out the window.

"You have a birthmark on your inner thigh." They both looked to her but her gaze never faltered. She looked determined again and Camila's lips parted. She felt her mouth drying as she waited for her girlfriend to say anything. "I remember because I pointed out that it looks like Ohio."

"Nice try, anyone can see that if I wear shorts," she defended to which Lauren only raised an eyebrow at her.

"You also have a tattoo of a star," she said and pointed to the left side of her jeans, near her pelvis and dangerously close to her crotch. "Right there on your hip." Before Allison could try defending herself again she looked over to Camila who was shaking her head with her eyes shut tight and she knew that it was game over.

"Oh my God," she mumbled to herself while her roommate and her girlfriend watched her. The tears that were steadily collecting in her eyes stayed put until a single one escaped and rolled down her cheek. And she didn't miss the look of guilt on Allison's face when she wiped it away quickly. "I can't believe you." Her voice was low and Lauren furrowed her brows when she saw her look up and pin her gaze directly at her. "When did this happen?" she asked, despite the growing nausea she was feeling in her chest and stomach.