Chapter Nine

Jae Hee's Pov

Luhan jumped from one branch to the other, everything was going so fast that I couldn't keep my head straight.

"Where are you taking me?" I screamed into his ear. I could see the tip of his ear perked up.

"You'll see. Just hang on."

"Hang on for wha-!"

I wasn't able to complete a full sentence when Luhan jumped off a cliff. In that moment, the people who flashed into my head were my parents and my sister, Sohee.

Will I ever see them again?

He landed on the ground gracefully like it was nothing, whereas I almost had a heart attack.

"We're here." He said.

It was weird because we were standing in the middle of the woods, there was absolutely nothing here except trees and what seemed like an old run-down cottage.

"Here where?" I raised an eyebrow as I took a look around us.

Luhan turned around and locked eyes with me before replying, "Where we gather during the full moon." His eyes were still in deep red, I felt chills around my body and I didn't realize I was trembling a little.

I bit my lips as I tried to piece everything together but there was always  a missing puzzle that I just can't seem to solve.

"You guys gather in the woods? What are you, a vampire? Who is we anyway?" I frowned.

"A hybrid actually." Another voice came from behind me, I quickly turned around and immediately came in face to face with Kai.

It was then that I noticed the color of his eyes, they were golden like the same ones I saw in the woods the other day.

For some reason, I felt myself trembling and my heart pounding really hard, "Kai." I called but I was backing up away from him.

Something just felt different with him.

"He's a hybrid. You do know what's a hybrid, right?" Kai pointed at Luhan before looking back at me as if waiting for my answer.

My eyes widen, I looked at Luhan but he wasn't looking back at me. His eyes were glued to the ground. Then I remembered about what that tall guy I saw with Luhan the other day said to him. A hybrid.

Oh my God! So I wasn't hearing things. I thought it was a mistake when I heard that tall guy called Luhan a hybrid.

I let out a small laugh, I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. "A hybrid? You're joking right? Are you guys pranking me right now?"

"If we were, how do you explain what happened earlier? Why was I able to jump off a cliff without a single scratch on me?" Asked Luhan. He was very serious that I flinched a little.

There was no other comeback I could reply him with, to be honest I didn't know what I should say or what I wanted to say, everything was a mess.

I licked my lips and turned my attention to Kai who had made himself comfortable on one of the branches that were broken off from the tree.

"And what are you? Are you a hybrid too?"

He smiled and said, "No. I'm a werewolf."

Why am I not surprised?

Somewhere deep in my heart I knew that he was a wolf and I also knew that he wouldn't do anything to harm me. At least I hoped he wouldn't.