Chapter 6 - Reviving Memories

Začať od začiatku

"A place close to your house. I'll take you there tomorrow. Tonight, I'm staying at your house," said Astrid.

Kimaya laughed. "So how's Uncle Flynn? And Aunt Olivia?

"Mom and dad are good! They miss you. Well, they have to wait till tomorrow!"

"Can't wait to see them!"

"We've reached home, Ms. Kimaya," said the driver.

The two girls got out, a little tired after the fabulous-yet-weird day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimaya's mom was home when they entered the house. She greeted them warmly, and asked if they would like to eat something.

"Yeah, we're starving!" said Kimaya. They'd eaten a bit in the dance hall-restaurant, but nothing other than that.

"Sure baby. What do you two want?"

"Popcorn!" said Astrid. 

"You're still not over your popcorn craving, huh?" asked Mrs. Verma.

"Well.. No!" Astrid laughed. 

"Okay, give me a few minutes, I'll get it ready. You girls go and freshen up till then." said Mrs. Verma, chuckling. 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my God, look at that one!" cried Kimaya. It was a photo of her when she was a baby, crawling on her knees. 

"You look so damn cute in that one, Kimmy!"

Kimaya smiled. She did look cute.

"And that's you! Gosh, you're so adorable, I feel like pulling your cheeks!"

Astrid groaned. "You leave my cheeks alone."

Kimaya laughed. Astrid hated when anyone touched her cheeks. But oh boy, she looked so cute in that photograph. She was just three or four weeks old in the picture, bundled up in her mother's arms, with a little smile on her face.

The girls ate up all the popcorn. They took a break for dinner, but soon continued seeing the London photos. They had captured so many beautiful moments. It's amazing how photographs can be so perfect. Taking in the essence of the moment, capturing it in it's complete sense. 

There were some photos of their London homes too. The houses were beautiful. They had large gardens in the front, and were painted white. The interiors were marvelous. Kimaya's house was filled with her mom's beautiful paintings. Even her house in India was just like that. Astrid's London home was quite different. It was clutter-free, though it had some of Mrs. Verma's paintings too. Kimaya's house had white and black interiors, but Astrid's house was pure white. Even her room was pure white, with a splash of green here and there. Kimaya's room was white and baby pink, the only shade of pink Kimaya liked. But everything else, like flowers, lamps etc. were a gentle shade of red. Kim was seriously obsessed with red.

Astrid smiled as Kimaya adored her house. 

"Oh, I miss it so much," murmured Kimaya, a bit upset as she longed to go back to London. London was beautiful, clean and safe. And Kimaya had so many memories over there, that it was hard to think that she had to spend the rest of her life in India. India was amazing too. But obviously, every child loves the place of their birth, the place where they spent their initial years in. 

"Cheer up Kimmy," said Astrid.

"Okay, Andy!" said Kimaya, winking at her.

Kimaya looked up at the clock. 

"Goodness! It's already 11 PM!"

Astrid laughed. "Time flies by, doesn't it? You want to sleep?"

"Well, I should be sleeping, because I have school tomorrow. But I'm not at all sleepy!"

"Then let's spend a little more time together? We can sleep in another half an hour or something."

"Sure." They had seen all their pictures by now. Kimaya closed the last album and put it away.

"Kimmy... I wanted to see that."

"See what?"

"You know, what made you enter the dance hall today."

"Astrid no!"

"Please?"

"But... I thought you already did. I mean, that's what you said in the afternoon, right?"

"I did see what's in there, but I didn't open anything."

"Oh. But Andy... No, Please."

"Come on. You can show me. I'm your best friend, am I not? I'm your Andy! I won't go and tell it to everyone I find. Though it probably deserves to be known."

"I know you won't, but..."

"Please?" asked Astrid, making a super cute puppy-dog face.

Why are those faces she makes so irresistible?  "Fine," Kimaya said, giving in.

"Thanks!" said Astrid, giggling. She walked up to the cupboard, and drew out everything she wanted to. Then, she settled down on the couch, going through Kimaya's works. 

"All of this is by you?" Astrid asked.

"Yeah, is it so bad?" asked Kimaya, a little uncertain.

"Are you kidding me?! This is perfectly awesome! I didn't know you were so talented!"

Kimaya smiled, blushing a little. No one had praised her in this way before. 

"I have such a talented best friend! You have any more stuff like this?"

"Yeah. All of them except one, are in the cupboard." replied Kim.

"Why separate only one?"

"Because that one was too special. I didn't want anyone to find it out, even by mistake."

"Can I see it?"

"Now that you anyway know everything, you can."

"Great! Where's it?"

"You won't find it," said Kimaya giggling. "I'll get it, wait."

Kimaya walked up to her wardrobe and opened it. She shuffled between some clothes, and finally took it out. She handed it over to Astrid.

Astrid examined what Kimaya had given her. "This is huge!" exclaimed Astrid.

"It has to be, I've worked on this for years!"

Astrid smiled. "Well, I'm sure, it has to be amazing."  

Kimaya suddenly yawned. 

"Sleepy?" asked Astrid. "Well, our half hour is already over. We'd better sleep! I'm keeping this though, something to keep me busy."

"Yeah, okay!"

The two girls adjusted themselves on Kimaya's king sized bed. Mrs. Verma had given them extra pillows and blankets, and soon, they were both lying down comfortably.

"This feels so much like the old days. Like London," said Kimaya.

"I know," replied Astrid. "I missed this so much."

"Me too. Okay now, let's sleep," said Kimaya, sleepily.

"Good night, Kimmy."

Kimaya smiled.

"Good night, Andy. Sweet dreams."

And with that, they both fell asleep.

(Vote and comment guys!)