{42} Steve Rogers: Burn

Burn by Hamilton
Created by the Amazing smol bean which is Lin-Manuel Miranda

And I know you can't imagine Steve do such a thing but ig you can't judge a book by its cover.
Lol

Italics= Reader singing
Bold= Letter

Took me awhile to make this

___________________

You sat on the bench in Central Park way after dark, it was empty and kind of chilly. Holding the papers tightly in hand you stared at them with tears glistening in your eyes.

'I saved every letter you write me, from the moment I read them I knew you were mine, you said you were mine, I thought you were mine.'

Skimming over some lines of the letters you read the "I love you's" and the " your my best girl." With everything that he's said in his letters to you, you really thought he was yours, but I guess you were wrong.

'Do you know what Angelica said when we saw your first letter arrive? She said "Be careful with that one, love. He will do what it takes to survive."'

Your sister wasn't wrong though. You wished you listened to her then. But you were as stubborn as a mule. Steve Rogers was a complete gentlemen the definition of perfect to you. With you being a Stark made you rich so if Steve married you he wouldn't be in debt anymore and he wouldn't have to worry about bills....at least not as much as he has before.

But a part of you looked back at the time when everything was simple between the two of you.

'You and your words flooded my senses. Your sentences left me defenseless, You built me palaces out of paragraphs, You built cathedrals...'

"My Dearest Y/N,

Today another battle was fought but the only thing on my mind that kept me going was you. Your entire being was enough for me to fight, to live, to survive this war so I can one day come home to you and make you mine. My best girl who I love and will someday call her my wife. The woman who would bear my children. I can not wait for that day. I will count the days until I see you again.

With all his love,
Steve Rogers"

'I'm re-reading the letters you wrote me
I'm searching and scanning for answers in every line, For some kind of sign of when you were mine, The world seemed to Burn...

"Y/N,

Your picture is kept in my pocket, when I miss you I take it out and look at it, trying to imagine what it'd be like if you were really here. It's hard. I'm tired and I miss you so much. I wish I can wrap you in my arms and never let go. I also wish this letter could be longer but unfortunately it can't.

Yours truly,
Steve Rogers"

"To my Best Girl,

I know this is sudden but I can't wait to get back to ask you this, Will You Marry Me? I'm sorry if this seems sudden but if I don't make it through this war I just want to know that I did what I've always wanted before I died. I hope you would do me the honor in doing so when I get back. I love you.

Steve Rogers"

"My Dearest,

Y/N I am happy that you said yes. I promise you would not have to worry about anything when I come home because I will be right there for you, always have and always will, 'til the end of the line. My love for you endless, I will show you how much you mean to me. Just you wait.