{3} Bucky Barnes: Time Traveling

@LeonorBarnes

1940's Bucky and present Bucky

I know I'm on Hiatus but I couldn't help it. And I sort of rushed things at the one part you'll notice but it gets better afterwards!

________________________________

You have always been fascinated with time travel so when one day Tony magically invented a time traveling machine you just had to try it out!

You set the dial to what era you desired to be in and pressed the button. You chose the 1940s in Brooklyn NY. You were curious to see your friend Steve before he had the serum. And you always wanted to meet the infamous James Buchanan Barnes aka Bucky...your best friends, boyfriend. You knew they haven't dated but from how much Steve would talk about Bucky you joked that he was in love with him.

But then here you were.

Brooklyn 1941.

You found yourself in a alley way. The time machine seemingly vanished. You looked down at yourself and found yourself in different clothing which matched the time period.

"I could've took him." You heard a very familiar voice say. You looked at the exit of the alley as a familiar but smaller blonde walked by with a taller and handsome man.

"Sure you could've Steve." The mans Brooklyn accent was evident. The man glanced over and stopped walking as he saw you standing there alone in the alley.

"What's a dame doing alone in an alley? Are you lost doll?" The man asked causing you to blush.

"I-ugh." You stuttered.

"I think so." You managed to get out. The man smiled slightly as he and Steve walked closer to you. As they grew nearer you recognized the man from the pictures modern day Steve showed you. It was Bucky.

You were nervous and Steve could sense that you were.

"Don't worry we won't hurt you." Steve said shyly as his face flushed pink.

"I know." You said boldly. "I just get nervous when I get lost." You lied. Bucky cracked a smile.

"Well we'll help you. Won't we Steve?" Bucky says nudging his friend who blushed.

"Y-yea." Steve shyly says.

'Even now he stutters when he talks to me.' You thought to yourself.

"You look a bit pale doll and it's freezing out here! How about we all go down to the diner down the road, yeah?" Bucky suggested. You smiled and nodded before walking with them. Bucky held his arm out for you. Blushing you linked arms with him as you guys walked.

It was like a big blur for you and a time skip that you were unaware of. You remember going to the diner and having a great time with Steve and Bucky then suddenly it's been weeks and weeks turned into months and you were living with Bucky.

You stood in the kitchen of Bucky's apartment. You were making breakfast for him because you were hungry and knew definitely that he would be too once he woke up.

You swear that man can eat an entire kitchen out. You jumped when arms wrapped themselves around you.

"It smells amazing dollface." Bucky's groggy voice whispered in your ear which he made sexy.

"Well I hope so." You said with a small smile. Lightly smirking Bucky kissed the side of your neck gently.

"Bucky." You lightly whined. "I'm cooking go away." You said. He pouted like a toddler would. You glanced over at him before rolling your eyes.

After making breakfast you set the table up for the two of you.

Preparing to sit down you felt a shock go through you.

"Doll you feelin all right?" Bucky asked you. You looked at him and nodded.

You looked down at yourself and you saw right through yourself!

"Oh no!" You exclaimed to yourself.

"Y/N your disappearing! What's going on?" He questioned panicked.

"I have to go!" You exclaimed as you ran out of the apartment.

You ignored Bucky's calls to you as you ran as fast as you could to where you first arrived in 1941.

At this point it was like you lost feeling in your body.

You saw your destination up ahead. All hearing you once had was gone.

It's was there.

The time machine. You remembered the consequences Tony and Bruce told you before you went into the machine.

'If your gone for too long your existence from the present and past time will be void as if you never existed.' Their voices echoed in your mind as your sight began to dim.

You were getting closer. That much was for sure.

Your body slammed into the door but you didn't feel the impact. You swung open the door and got in. The door was left ajar.

Pressing buttons and turning the dials you buckled up as your eyesight left you.

The machine shook before shrinking.

The whole machine shook as it landed back in the present time. You opened your eyes and hurriedly opened up the door seeing Tony and Bruce.

"Well that was fast. Not even a minute." Tony commented. Tears filled your eyes as you dropped down to your knees you stared at the floor.

"Y/n what happened?" Bruce worried, had asked you, kneeling besides you. You shook you head, covering your face with your hands as you sat down on the floor.

"I can't." You whispered.

Suddenly a door swung open. You look up and saw him....Bucky.

"Sorry wrong room." He mumbled getting ready to leave until he laid eyes on you.

"Your uh Capsicles boyfriend right?" Tony arrogantly asks. Bucky threw a glare at Stark.

"No." He snapped defensively before looking at you again.

"Bucky." You said as you rose from the floor.

"How? How are you here?" He questioned you his blue eyes widening. You stepped forwards but he stepped away.

"Bucky please I can explain!" You exclaimed. His eyes trailed down to your clothing which still matched the 40's time period before it slowly dissolved back into modern day wear.

"Steve told me about you but I didn't believe it I just couldn't understand how it was possible." He ranted.

"Bucky you have to know I never meant to hurt you. I thought....I thought I had more time! I was stupid to fall for you I wasn't from that era. I didn't belong there! I only went to see what Steve was like back then and to meet you." You explained. "I've only heard stories of you and my curiosity grew and Tony and Bruce were making a time machine and I volunteered to test it out and that was the day you met me all those years ago." You explained.

"Y/N.... How long were you gone for?" Bruce asked. You hesitated to answer.

"13 months and 12 days." Bucky answered for you surprising you and the two men behind you. He had his fists clenched.

"I'm sorry." You whispered as a tear slid down your face

Bucky turned facing the door as his own tears slid down his face. He opened the door and walked out with you calling his name. He never looked back at you but kept walking. With each step he took his already broken heart shattered as he walked away from the woman who had his heart all those years ago.

_______________
I hope you liked it!