Chapter 14

Casey died that night, along with the driver of the other vehicle involved in the crash, Matthew Hart. Dillon endured a coma for two days, both days with no signs of life again. On July 6th, Mrs. Tyler was at her child's bedside, reading him the latest edition of Sports Illustrated when she felt a cold, almost waxy hand place itself on top of hers. Dillon lived, but Casey unfortunately died the night before.

Luckily for Dillon, it only took him a month to recover back to his previous self. once he was mentally healthy enough to remember the events leading up to the accident, his parents broke the news to him of the loss of his girlfriend. Distraught, Dillon went to Casey's parents to apologize, but when he went to the same address he went to on July 4th, new faces answered the door. they informed Dillon that the previous owners had sold this house to them just three weeks ago. this broke Dillon. He lost Casey, and now he had lost her family, the next closest thing he had to remember her.

Dillon was never invited to any funeral of hers, no viewing, no letter, nothing. ever since Dillon has eliminated the thought of dating and solely focused I academics and his family. He never even looked a girl the same way, until he met Kylie.

Little does he know that Kylie is Kylie Hart, ex-girlfriend of Matthew Hart, the intoxicated driver of the July 4th accident. All he knows is that Kylie is the only girl who has not only has he laid eyes on, but also took his mind off of Casey. And he longed for that state of mind. He longed for Kylie.