Chapter 10

Did those words really come out of his mouth? How do I know those were even his real emotions? I thought this whole thing was just to prove his superiority to Alex or something?  Why couldn't someone else just have sat next to me. I would've gladly taken a nerd; they wouldn't have put me in this much of a mess. Do I even like Austin?

What am I thinking, of course I don't like Austin. He is just another boy who thinks he's the top shit and if it takes a girl like me to put him in his place I'll do it. Ever since Alex broke up with him, he's been on a downhill spiral. Hooking up with any girl with a ten foot radius, but of course that wasn't what would make Alex jealous. What Austin needed to get Alex jealous was to replicate what those two had together except with someone new, with the one girl whom Alex knew was just slightly above her level. Me. But now he wants to tell me that he actually has feelings for me? After just one day of fake dating? Well that wasn't going to fly with me. If he wants me to believe him, he's going to have to work for it.

I walked back into the restaurant with my head held high. I noticed that Austin had opted to sit with his baseball buddies instead of by Kristie and Sam, but that was fine by me.

"Do you want to tell me what the hell is going on?!" Kristie harshly whispered in my face as I sat down in a seat in front of them.

"I could say the same to you," I signaled to Sam's arm around Kristie's shoulders.

"Don't act like you're surprised, you predicted it. But seriously, Austin Gray?? Aren't already in enough shit with Alex? Why would you ask for more? What were you thinking? And why did I see him carry you out of here?" Kristie was shooting questions at me left and right so I tuned out half way through. "And why th-" I was saving all of us all a lot of time by just getting to the point.

"It's not real," I simply said.

"What do you mean it's not real," Kristie just looked at me dumbfounded.

"He needs to get Alex jealous so I said I would help him. But now he's decided to do a 180 and tell me his feelings for me are real," I vented to her. I didn't care that Sam was sitting right there. He's never really been one to say much of anything. "How am I supposed to respond to that, Kristie? I've known the kid for a day. And on top of all of this, I met a decent guy on the slopes this morning and Austin decides it's his responsibility to scare him off. Who does he think he is?! I do him a favor but then he acts like he owns me! I'm not an accessory, I'm not fucking OWNED."

No one said anything after I finished my rant. I saw Kristie's eyes shoot up over my head and back to me. Oh shit.

"Aus-" I closed my eyes not wanting to face reality.

"Save it Kylie. Just know that I still need your help to prove Alex I'm still on top, but don't worry, no more real feelings," with that Austin left and headed out to the slopes.