The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [14]

Start from the beginning

I put the menu down feeling sick in the pit of my stomach. I had to believe in me and Jack but what if Eli was right? What if we wouldn’t be together at the end of the year and I’d wasted the amazing opportunity. Could Jack and I really work through 8months apart? Or would Jack follow me to London?

“Hi there boys, are you ready to order, what can I get ya?” A bubbly blonde waitress appeared by our table, her plastic smile.

“Can I have Dr Pepper and a pulled pork sandwich,” Eli ordered handing out the menu to her.

“I’ll have the same,” I said not even glancing at her.

When she walked away I looked at Eli again, he stared right into my eyes and I felt my face grow warm as an embarrassing blush crawled onto my skin. I bit my lip and he grinned at me, his hand snaking across the table to squeeze my own. I squeezed back letting him know I wasn’t upset with him.

“Come on Reed its not gonna be that bad, me you and crappy London weather. We’ll have a blast!”

“Wait your coming with me?” I asked my voice high-pitched and squeaky, followed by an impossible to miss blush.

“Well your submitting your work as a student, so yes I’d be with you academic support and that. The head of art already asked me about it, she herself can’t fly, so she nominated me to be your support. She said it’ll be a good teaching experience for me”

“Oh wow… Eli thanks” I gushed sounding like a fan girl.

“You’re more than welcome Reed” he said winking at me, making me blush again, he started laughing, tangling his fingers with mine, just like Jack and I do. I stared down at our entwined hands waiting for the guilt to hit me, but it never came. I bit my lip looking at Eli through my eyelashes. Shit, wasn’t I supposed to feel bad about this?

--------------

I sat in the bleachers with Kelly, Zeke and Dolton. He’d got over his homophobic behaviour towards Zeke and me, I think it was because Kelly meant a lot to him. You could see it in the way he watched her. They liked each other a lot. I didn’t know where Leah was but I knew she wouldn’t come sit with us, especially with Kelly and Dolton all cuddled up together.

I spotted Jack and Hayden doing warm ups, I looked away trying to see if I could spot Eli in the bleachers. I couldn’t see him, but I saw Theo and the rest of my housemates sitting together. This game was our championship qualifier. The last time I was at a qualifier I was on the pitch this time I was waving my man on from the stands.

I knew Jack needed to win this one; our high school qualifier had been so emotional especially as he was a senior, his last chance, but now he was a quarterback again. He could win the qualifier at a higher level; it would mean more to have a college championship trophy. I looked back at Jack and saw he’d spotted me; I grinned and waved at him. He waved back.

“Wow, you forgave him easily”

I turned around and saw Mariah with her friends Chloe and Grace standing behind her.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

Mariah looked back exchanging a look with her friends before smirking evilly at me “Leah, she told you she saw me sneaking out of Jack’s room yesterday morning, didn’t she?”

“No she didn’t”

“Oops, my bad” she said holding her manicured hands in front of her mouth in fake innocence. “Well it’s nothing to worry about it’s just like when me and Jack had sex in New York, it was part of a bargain”