The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [14]

Start from the beginning

“Look Kelly I-“

“How is she?” she asked interrupting me.

“Who?”

“You know Leah, how’s she holding up?”

I looked over at Kelly surprised I thought she was through with Leah. Kelly smiled at me, before shaking her head.

“Come on Reed, she’s one of my best friends, even if I’m upset with her doesn’t mean I don’t care, I just cant be with her like that, it creeps me out” Kelly said explaining herself.

“Well I don’t know how Leah is, she’s been off doing her own thing lately. I don’t understand what’s been going on with all of us. Ever since we got to California everyone seems to be going off their own separate way…”

Kelly wrapped her arm round her waist and I put mine around her shoulder, she rested her head against my chest. “I know exactly what you mean Reed. Maybe life was better back in high school”

I sighed silently agreeing with her, but at the same time not really. The best months of my life happened between high school and university. We stayed cuddled up in silence for a while, the dark clouds rolled over the sky but I could feel it wasn’t going to rain yet. Hopefully it’ll hold off until after the football match.

A familiar walk headed our way, I smiled as I watched him stroll down the corridor towards us he spotted me and smiled. He came over to me and Kelly eyed him suspiciously.

“Reed, I need to borrow you, I’ve got some good news for you about your work” Eli gushed I could read the happiness in his features it was contagious.

“Yeah, okay I’m coming” I turned back to Kelly “I’ll see you at the game later okay, save me a seat”

“Yeah course Reed,” she said.

I pulled away from her and followed Eli down the corridor and out the main building. I turned towards the art block but he grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the car park. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion; I thought we were going to discuss my work?

“Come on this way” Eli said still bursting with excitement.

I followed after him willingly, I got into his car and we sped off. Eli put the radio on, and we both sang along in terrible harmony, and not in tune at all. We drove until we found an iHop; my belly grumbled reminding me I was hungry. We sat down in the booth before Eli started to speak.

“So Reed, you’re probably wondering why I dragged you out here… we’re celebrating!”

“Celebrating what?” I said not looking up from the menu.

“I got wind of an art competition and I entered your work, you know the painting you did the very depressed ones, and word on the street is that your favourite for the win”

“What? Really?” I said feeling the excitement myself.

“Yes, and if you win you get to tour and you will be in London for 8months, your work will be displayed in the Tate Modern where you’ll have to give talks about it. So you better get painting!”

“8 months…” I said my throat dry. “That’s a long time Eli”

He looked up at me; his face worried and disappointed “Reed, what’s the problem?”

“8months away from Jack” I whispered.

He sighed heavily ”Are you and Jack really that serious? Are you even going to be together by the end of the year? Jack is focusing on his career it’s time you focused on yours too Reed. You can’t live for Jack”