Chapter 32 - "Show offs."

"Aims, you alright?" Danny asked.

Amelia nodded, rubbing her forehead tiredly as if she could push away some of the millions of thoughts that constantly berated her. Her focus drifted away from him.

"Aims?"

Jerking her head up, she meet his worried expression. She tried to smile to reassure him but the smile was weak and slide away when she stopped thinking about it.

"Aims, what's wrong?" Danny asked, gently.

"Its just been a long week. The closer we get to the showcase date the more stressed people become and its getting on my nerves."

Looking around, her thoughts became focused as she watched each band member pack up and leave.   

"Why is everyone leaving? We usually go to six, don't we?" Amelia asked.

"Yes, but its Bash's birthday today. I have to leave to get ready and make sure everything is set up for the party. You are still coming right? I told you about it a week ago."

"Right, completely forgot about it. So I guess that means I need to get home and get ready. What time is it at again and where?" Amelia asked.

"Its at the Melbourne, top floor at nine. So you have time to go home and get some sleep. You are working too hard. I can't have my drummer crashing on me the first week of tour," Danny said, a hint of reproach in his voice.

"Sorry. Yeah, I'll go home and sleep. At least I have two weeks before we leave and the showcase is over that I can breath for a minute or two."

"Aims, I need to know now that you can do this?"

Straightening, Amelia fixed him with a steady look.

"I can do this. It's my brain that's more tired than my body. I have a hundred different thoughts that keep badgering me."

Danny held her gaze for another moment.

"Alright. I believe you, but you'll let me know if you can't handle anything or need something right? Besides myself, you're the busiest member of the band, so you need to tell me if you need a break or something, you got that?"

"Thanks Danny."

"Of course Aims. Come on lets go party! By the way what did you get Bash for his birthday?" Danny asked.

"The best gift ever."

"I'm willing to debate that fact with you. Two words, leather and jacket," Danny said, scornfully.

*****************

Amelia stepped out of her room. Poppy lay sprawled on the couch and Charlie was seated at the dining table.

"Pops, I have no idea what to wear to Bash's birthday party, will you help me decide?" Amelia asked.

The moment the words left her lips, Amelia wished she could jump, snatching them from the air, press them to her body and smothering them beneath her weight. Charlie's head raised from his book slowly looking at her. Poppy blinked at Amelia.   

"Aims, did you just say something?" Poppy asked, her tone disbelieving.

"You know exactly what I said, can we please move past your shock and get to the point where you help me look decent, teetering on girlish."   

Poppy rolled her eyes and stood up.   

"Fine, ruin my one moment to rub this in your face," Poppy said.

"You can do that later, now its time to make me look pretty."

"Lets go with looking like a girl, we're not aiming for the impossible today."