Chapter 28 - "How many girlfriends have you had?"

A week later Amelia stepped out of her room clasping the locket around her neck. Charlie looked up.

Where are you going?" he asked, taking in her dress and neat bun.

Amelia spread her arms wide dramatically.

"I'm going out for a night on the town! I'm going to live life to the fullest! Do whatever makes me happy! You only live once and I'm planning to live like there's no tomorrow!"

Charlie nodded and looked back down at his book.

"Okay," he said. "Please remember I'm not a lawyer yet so I can't bail you out of jail." He looked up. "And remember I look terrible in orange so I won't attempt to break you out as well."

He gave her a pleading look.

"Also please make sure whatever guy you decide to be stupid with is good looking. I would hate to have an ugly niece or nephew it would make it all the more difficult to love them."

"Pick a guy first, then get drunk. Got it."

Amelia moved into the front hall and pulled on her coat.

"So where are you going?" Charlie asked.

"Sebastian and I are going to celebrate the end of our work on the album together."

"Just the two of you?" he asked, warily.

"Probably not. I'm guessing Danny will tag along, which I'm fine with."

"Alright. Have fun. Text me when you're on your way home."

Amelia nodded.

"Are you planning on staying in all night?" she asked, worried.

"No, I'm going to meet up with a few other students in about an hour."

His gaze slide away from her's.

"Would Natalie happen to be part of this group?" she asked.

Charlie didn't need to raise his head for Amelia to get her answer, the hint of pink that touched the tips of his ears was good enough.

"Have fun, Charlie," Amelia said, her voice lilting.

***********

Amelia's knock barely finished resounding in the small entryway before Sebastian pulled his door open. His expression shifted to surprise at the sight of her.

"Did I lose an earring?" she asked. "I'm terrified I'll just lose one and walk around wearing only one and look like a complete idiot."

Sebastian shook his and smiled slightly.

"You didn't, still both there."

He took a step back and Amelia walked into the apartment. A warm savory aroma filled her nose, the scent speaking of spices and baking chicken. She hung up her coat.

"Oh, probably don't even need to do that since we'll be leaving..." Amelia turned toward Sebastian, her eyes jumping from his casual appearance to the kitchen, "or not?"

She raised her eyebrows at his jeans and faded blue t shirt.

"If I had known I could go that casual to a restaurant I wouldn't have needed to stress so much an hour ago," Amelia said.

"I was thinking," he said, "and thought we could either go to a fancy restaurant where people would most likely notice me and photos would be asked for or...we could avoid people altogether and have dinner here."

Sighing dramatically, Amelia kicked off her shoes.

"Thank goodness, I was afraid of being seen in public with you. I would hate for people think you were dating me just for my fame."