The following day she saw a scarce amount of Castle. Which kind of scared her. He had of course showed up in the morning to bring her the daily coffee, but after that he was gone. She was eager and he knew. She even got a case, but when she called him he didn't pick up. Is he having cold feet about this date? She thought.

For a few minutes she dwelled on the thought, until her phone buzzed pushing her back to reality.

Castle had sent a text message,

I'm just busy, but keep me updated ;)

She calmed down after reading the message, but not much. Her mind was all over the place to the point where she drove to the wrong address. She didn't show up to the crime scene until an hour later, finding her partners scanning the scene, but no body. It made sense though, the body couldn't wait much longer and needed to be examined.

That was only the beginning of how hard the day was. She was constantly jumping, constantly wondering if he was going to stand her up. And what was she going to wear!

She knew he would never stand her up, and she knew that everything would work out in time, but no one can escape thoughts, no one can get rid of that little voice inside one's head, always knocking you down.

Around 5:30 Beckett huffed and set down her pen, tucking her hair behind her ear, before deciding to call it a night and pack up to get ready for dinner. She knew Montgomery would be fine with it, because he had told her to go home early as well, the case was an easy one, a Jack shot Jill over Bill and there was no trouble at all. But yet, she had persisted to stay late and work. She had always worked late, but tonight, she was ready, no, she was determined to have fun.

On the drive home she had pulled out her phone and a stop light and had tried calling Castle, but the attempt was fruitless. She then sent him a quick text asking what restaurant the two of them were going to.

She got back,

Not going to tell, you'll have to wait and see, can't wait!

Xoxo

He was being cheeky, well so could she.

She replied,

Can't wait to see you, my knight in shining armor ;)

The response came slow, the three bubbling dots next to his name, appearing and disappearing about five times.

Don't tease me!

She giggled to herself as she entered her parking garage. She hurried up to her apartment, and the first thing she did was take a shower. Then came the hard part. She didn't want to overdress or underdress and she definitely didn't want to clash with anything or anyone. What to do, what to do.

She thought about calling Lanie, but then Lanie would tell Esposito, and then Esposito would tell Ryan, and she would never live it down. So she held back. It doesn't change the fact that she had absolutely no idea what she was doing.

She felt her stomach lurking with nervous butterflies as she picked a dress off of her a hanger.

She was never one to date much, all of her past relationships had sped through the dating process and straight into intimate surroundings. She never really liked sex the way most people did. It didn't mean anything to her, it was just two people, pleasing themselves. She would rather cuddle up and watch a movie or two. She doesn't look like a cuddler, but deep down she loves to feel safe and protected by strong arms. Her walls were high, but if she could find the right person to knock them down she would be the happiest. And that's the only thing that she wanted. To be happy.