2| Consequences

Let me think about it.

How much time does he possibly need? Two days ago at the party, it was clear that he wanted me to give Isaac another chance. Now all he has to do was go on one date with Mia. It wasn't that hard.

I was home alone again, this time I was cooking and binge-watching The 100 on my phone. I stirred the pot of homemade mac and cheese. I was ready to pour some in a bowl when my phone buzzed.

From Trevor:
Open your back door

I texted back.

To Trevor:
Sorry, I'm not into that kind of stuff

From Trevor:
Isaac told me you were... OPEN THE ACTUAL BACK DOOR

I opened the door to see Trevor with a wide toothy grin, holding a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream. "And what are you doing here?" I asked suspiciously. I attempted to grab the ice cream, but he moved his hands away before I could.

"Be a good girl then I'll give it to you," he said. "Do I smell mac and cheese?" Trevor took a step forward, but I blocked the small gap between the sliding door and the wall.

"Be a good boy and hand over the ice cream."

"Deal," he answered without hesitation.

We sat across from each other eating the mac and cheese while the ice cream was safe in the freezer. "You still didn't tell me your answer for our other deal," I said.

"Fine, but it's a double date." He gulped down a large volume of water from his glass.

"Alright, what about this Friday?" I asked.

"Fine with me."

"So why are you here?" I looked down at my empty bowl, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"I got bored then I found myself driving to your house," he admitted.

"It's pretty boring here too," I stood up to wash the dishes.

Trevor and I would always hang out together when we were younger. We would watch cartoons or play outside. As we got older, we grew apart; we became strangers to one another. And for the past few months, we were being drawn back together again. We're becoming friends again.

"Oh really," he raised an eyebrow and slowly walked towards me. He leaned across the counter and put his hand in front of the running water and splashed it in my face.

"Don't think you can get away with this," I threatened as he ran away. I filled a mug with cold water and ran upstairs to find him.

Trevor was rummaging in my drawers when I finally caught up. "I'm searching for the dildo Isaac gave you for your sixteenth birthday," he dug through a pile of worn out t-shirts I use as pyjamas.

"Haha very funny," I poured the water on top of his head. I was surprised he didn't realize I was holding a mug.

He shot me a look that made me regret what I had just done. With one swoop, Trevor carried me by the knees, my face facing his back. My face almost hit the stairs as I yelled in protest, the blood was quickly rushing to my head. I knew where he was taking me, the pool. The pool where the April weather cooled down the water that would soon make my body shudder.