Chapter 2 - I Hate Aidan

"Aidan"

He starts to speak, "Hi An-"

My eyes fill with hatred, with a want and need for revenge. As I speak my tone is colder than I expected. The words that leave my mouth are not what he expects, "It's Savanna for you."

His face morphs into hurt but is soon covered with nothingness. I don't expect him here, much less in my house.

Let me tell you why I hate Aidan so much. Aidan is a selfish fücking jerk, he doesn't care about who he hurts and does whatever the hell he wants. A year ago he left the place, he didn't tell anyone, nor did he keep contact. This is the first time I've seen him, and all the pent up anger just seems to want to burst out if me. I mean you can't really blame me.

I was worried for weeks and weeks about him, called him a million times. One day after 2 months if his disappearance, his mother called Mama, she told her that Aidan left for good and that tell everyone to stop trying to contact him.

Aidan, Samatha, Noah and I were best friends. Nothing and no-one could seperate us. Until...

"You're always going to be Anna" he speaks, breaking my train of thought.

Before thinking about what I should say the next words just slip off of my tongue, "Why did you leave?"

Today seems like the day of unexpectedness and unwanted surprises. Opening his mouth and closing it, and then opening again and closing it again as if I cought him off gaurd.

"You might want to keep your mouth shut, you know, unless you like flies in your mouth, that is."

The sides of his mouth lift up, I know for a fact he thinks I'm opening up to him again. I'm not letting him get to me this easily again, not after everything that has happened.

"An-" he starts.

But I cut him off, "Savanna."

"Savanna, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt any of you, you know that don't you? I had to go."

This entire time Mama was quietly cooking pancakes, I know she was listening though, she always is. "Pancakes are done, Anna since you're at home I made some for you too. I'll just go call you in sick to the school. Aidan, help yourslef, nothing has changed in this house. You know where everything is."

"Thanks Mama" we replied in accidental harmony.

Aidan calls my Mama, 'Mama' too. We were very little when we became friends and since I called my mum 'Mama', he thought that, that was her name and so called her that too. Mama doesn't mind it one bit, since then all of my friends call her Mama too. Actually she loves it.

I watch as Aidan silently gets up from the stool behind the island, where now I'm sitting, and goes to the third cupboard on the right. He finds what he needs but also brings me what I need; chocolate syrup (his) and maple syrup (mine).

We eat silently for a few minutes but the silence isn't comforting. I was about to break it when he does.

"I'm coming back to school, tomorrow."

"Where are you staying?"

He looks at me warily, as if I wouldn't like what he's going to say next, but says it anyways, "Here".

It takes me a while to get it into my brain that Aidan is going to be staying at my place. From what I can tell, Aidan came back alone.

"Do Noah and Sam know you're here?"

"Yeah, I told them before I arrived and before you ask I called your phone but no one picked up so I called Mama and told her."

"Oh, I changed my number."

Before he could say something, I stood up and rinsed my plate, sliding it into the the dishwasher.

I forgot how bad I looked, and somehow I didn't really care that Aidan saw me like this. Without saying another word I left the kitchen, walking back up the stairs and into my room. I found some clean clothes and went to take a shower, wishing that all this was just a dream.

***

I've been chatting with Sam for the past half an hour, so far Aidan hasn't come up in our conversation and I want to keep it that way.

I'm now laying on back, tucked under a blanket in my room. A knock on my door makes me get up into a sitting position.

"Come in"

Mama's face appears in the slightly open door. She has a careful smile etched across her face. Her smile is a comforting one which makes me smile back at her. "Hey Mama, did you need something?"

"Oh no, nothing darling. I just.. I needed to make sure you're okay with this..." she moves her hands in front of her, "arrangement?"

I know she's asking me if I'm fine with Aidan staying here and honestly I would rather not have him here. But noticing the stress in my mother's eyes and her still wanting to know if I'm fine with this, I sigh with just a nod.

"I know it's hard for you. I mean him being here all of a sudden" she continues.

"It's fine Mama, really it is."

After a few minutes of, mostly, her interrogating me. She kisses my head, and with a 'goodnight' she's out of the room.

It's been a long day, I'm sure you guys are confused as to what's the tension between Aidan and I.

There's a whole lot more to the story than Aidan leaving. Before Aidan left, him and I weren't on talking terms. And before that we were dating. So if you haven't figured out yet the awkward tension is because of the fact that we weren't over our break up when he left. So now that he came back, so abruptly might I add, the tension came back full force.

I'm telling you now that nothing is going to happen between us.

Plus I like someone...

***
Thanks for reading!

Comment,
Share,
Vote!

~chocolatecupcake01