twentythree

Daryl's POV

Carol climbed on the back of my motorbike as I stood and looked around, Haleigh should've just came with me when she had the chance. Knowing her, she probably met Rick and went off with Rick. I have faith. I took my foot off the ground and hit the engine and off me and Carol went. Carol held on to the back of the bike as I made my way through the stray walkers on the roads.

The light was coming up now and I knew exactly where I would go, and if they weren't there, well it would just be me and Carol. The highway was our only shot of getting back to the group.

I could see the abandoned cars up ahead and I zoomed up as the cars came closer and closer into my vision, as I slowed down I looked at the floor and saw tyre tracks and followed them, which led me up to the highway.

I stopped the engine and looked around. No Haleigh. My breath hitched but I looked at Rick and walked over to him. Carol zoomed past and went and hugged Lori.

'Oh thank God.' Carol mumbled into Lori's shoulder. I hopped onto a car bonnet and Rick joined me.

'Where'd you find us?' Rick asked me, the rest of the group went silent and Carol looked up at me and beamed. The first real smile I had seen off her since her little girl went missing.

'Well, those guys' tail lights zigzagging all over the road figured he had to be Asian.' I smirked and looked up at Glenn who just sarcastically smiled back, holding Maggie in his arms.

'Good one.' He mumbled.

'Where's the rest of us?' Carol asked, I looked up at Rick waiting for an answer. Waiting for him to say that Haleigh had gone on a run for something.

'We're the only ones that have made it so far.' Rick mumbled, looking down at his feet and then back up to the rest of us. I stood up from where I was sat and looked into the trees. She was bound to be in there.

'Don't go looking for her, Daryl.' Carol mumbled. I turned around, my crossbow in hand.

'Why not?' I asked her cockily, she had no right to tell me what I can and can't do.

'She saved me, then I lost her.' Her eyes pricked with tears and I just stared at her, my breath picking up.

'Patricia?' Hershel piped up, changing the subject from Haleigh to someone else.

'They got her daddy, took her straight from me.' Beth mumbled into her Father's chest as she cried. 'What about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?'

'He was in the RV, it got overrun.' Rick looked at Beth with an apologetic look. She cried even more at the loss of her boyfriend.

'You definitely saw Haleigh?' T-Dog asked, looking right at me and Carol. I turned to look at Carol and she looked down at her feet.

'What about Shane? Andrea?' Carol asked, changing the subject once again. I shook my head with impatience.

'Shane's, gone.' Rick mumbled, looking straight at Lori. Lori had a look of horror on her face and Carl just cried in his Mother's arms. 'I haven't seen Andrea.'

'So did you see Haleigh?' I snapped at Carol. This woman was starting to annoy me.

'There was walkers everywhere.' Carol mumbled.

'But did you see her?' I asked impatiently. I stood near my bike as my first instinct was to go back and look for Haleigh.

'I'm gonna go back.' I stated with tight lips as I sat on my bike and started the engine. Rick came running towards me and put his hand on the bike handle.