One Step Closer

It would take most boarders twenty minutes to get to the location where Ezra was at. Terrell did it in ten. The other Phantoms weren't too far behind.

None of the boys knew what to anticipate, however, they were all prepared for the worst.

Terrell darted around a group of teens and piles of junk. He knew this area well. He'd come here often. The street known for selling hover boards and parts.

Still at full speed, Terrell swerved by a stall. Abruptly, he crouched and grabbed the front of his board. A second later he skidded to a halt, right next to the building where his tracker showed Ezra would be.

Instead of dismounting, he whirled the board for the open door of the shop. Moving forward he floated right in before jumping off.

The interior was dark and so it took a moment for Terrell's eyes to adjust. When they did, he took in the scene, adrenaline pumping through him.

Teens leaned against walls, tables, and brand new boards that were on display. At the front of them all stood a guy, arms crossed over his chest. There was something oddly familiar about him.

All attention was focused on a figure kneeling before the latter. However, upon Terrell's entrance, the eyes turned to him. The kneeling guy turned his head and Terrell found himself meeting Ezra's eyes. The boy gave him both a remorseful and pleading look.

"Sam!" the high voice made Terrell look up. He saw the girl standing behind the familiar looking guy.

The guy before her lifted a shaking hand and pointed, eyes widening in recognition. "You!" he growled.

"Ah..." A certain incident in a restaurant flashed through Terrell's mind. If he remember correctly, it had involved a group of girls and free food. As the memory hit him, all adrenaline left. As far as he could tell, the situation was far from what he had been expecting.

He made his mind up in a split second. "Excuse me." He saluted with two fingers. "Looks like I'm in the wrong place." With that he backed out, ignoring Ezra's pleading eyes or the confused expressions exchanged by all those within.

Outside, Terrell turned just as four boards skidded to a halt before him.

"Yo!" Noah leaped off. "We too late?"

The others followed his example.

Terrell scratched his head. "Anyone else getting hungry?" he asked.

Glances were exchanged between the other four.

"Um." Roman stepped forward. He pointed past Terrell. "Isn't Ezra in there?"

"He can handle it." Terrell stretched. "How about something with meat?"

Another round of glances between the others.

Shrugging, Terrell strode forward. He passed the guys when hands reached out and grabbed him.

"Whoa. Hold on." Marcus popped up on his right while Troy came on his left.

"Seeing as we just got here..." Marcus continued, "Perhaps you could explain what's going on in there?" He jerked a thumb back toward the building.

Terrell shook the guys off. "I don't really want to know," he told them calmly. Another step was taken but he was jerked back once again.

"However small the situation," Troy scolded. "As our leader, shouldn't you take care of it?"

Terrell's eyebrows rose. He turned to face the others. All except Noah were looking at him expectantly.