A New Home

The two newcomers and Terrell eventually arrived back at the house Terrell had left earlier on in the day. None of them spoke as Terrell lead the way to the front door. Roman shot a curious glance at the building while Troy's gaze remained unreadable.

The boys passed through the door into the dark interior. Loud voices drifted from the living room and light filtered through the bottom crack of the door leading to it. Not bothering to announce their presence, Terrell kicked the door open.

For a brief moment, the interior became visible to the three boys in the doorway. Teens sat around, watching two figures in the middle. The two at the center were Noah and Marcus. In the moment the door swung open, Marcus was leaning forward and tracing a hand down the side of Noah's face while a mighty uncomfortable looking Noah looked like he was about to bolt.

The door slammed against the wall and all heads turned. Noah froze, eye widening as they flew to Terrell. It almost felt like slow motion as the door bounced back, closing upon itself. Terrell made no move to stop it.

"Did we...interrupt something?" Roman voiced.

The door popped open as someone from the other side pulled it.

"You're back," a happy Ezra exclaimed.

Noah scrambled away from Marcus who turned to face Terrell.

"Yeah..." Terrell raised his eyebrows. "So...Noah, you found a new romantic interest or something?"

"Absolutely not," came the distraught reply.

"Marcus was trying to show us how to get girls," one of Marcus' guys voiced, as though that would explain all.

"Ah." Terrell stepped into the room.

"I give him a zero," one of the two girls in the room murmured as she tucked a strand of hair behind an ear. "Though if you want to try," she lowered her eyes, cheeks flushing, "I could be a volunteer."

There were several "oohs" and whistles.

"Seriously?" Noah pouted. "Why couldn't you volunteer earlier?"

"You brought home not one but two strays," Ezra voiced as he eyed Roman and Troy, both who remained standing in the doorway. He squinted his eyes. "Hey..." A finger was pointed at Troy, "I know you!"

Troy didn't answer as he stepped into the room.

Ezra snapped a finger. "The guy that got the snot beat out of him." He turned to Noah. "We saved this dude. Remember?"

Noah didn't reply, his questioning gaze flying to Terrell.

"And today he saved me," Terrell turned and leaned against the wall.

"I thought you were getting parts, not changing up your face," Noah made a motion to the side of his mouth where the bandage stuck. "Though I have to say. I like the improvement."

Terrell's hand went to the covered wound. "My doctor said it would heal the damage."

Ezra's face darkened. "Wait. You got attacked?"

Terrell shrugged. "More like ambushed."

Noah straightened and Ezra stepped forward. Marcus' group shot the guy a look, as though waiting for a command, but Marcus remained silent, calmly watching the situation.

"So...who do we need to beat up?" Ezra asked. He cracked his knuckles.

Terrell's eyes turned to Roman who took a visible step back.

"That guy," Terrell didn't hesitate as he pointed at the offender.

Troy took a clear step to the side so there wouldn't be a mistake as to who was being accused.