Prologue

Welcome to Regona City: Phantom. If you haven't read the other 3 Regona books, I suggest reading them first. Though this book happens in a time frame before, I believe it's better read after. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy Terrell's adventure!

******************************************************************

Dusk approached. As the sun began its ritual of slowly disappearing, the last few rays bounced of a round surface. Beneath the bubble, buildings towered into the sky. While various types of hover vehicles once dotted its sky, there were a limited few now. They zipped back and forth, ignoring the lighting that would usually direct the traffic in an orderly manner.

Screams and cries of dismay echoed. Shouts and the sound of things breaking added to the chaos. The smell of smoke began filled the air.

In the midst of it, a boarder cut his way through. He was leaned forward, going at a dangerous speed and lower than any boarder was allowed. No on stopped him. There was no one to care about the rules. Not today.

The boarder was perhaps around the age of fifteen. His messy black hair was mercilessly tossed in the wind. He barely noticed as he leaned even further forward, urging the board to go fast.

A group of men and woman rushed from a building with broken windows, each carrying the results of their pillaging. The young boarder was by them in an instant, turning ever so slightly to avoid a fateful crash with one of the women. He was around the next corner before the group even had time to register that he was there.

He zigzagged his way, moving with the board as though they were one. Then, he leaned forward, grabbed the edge of the board and with a smooth motion pulled it to a sudden stop not many could accomplish from such a speed. He leaped off, running to a tall building next to him. Board forgotten, he sprinted, a target clearly in mind.

The glass doors smoothly slid to the side, allowing access to the front lobby.

A small shiny ball floated over. "Welcome to the Rayford Tower," a soft voice spoke as a hologram of a woman popped up, projected by the ball.

Ignoring her, the boarder went straight for a glass tube. The no hoverboard signs around showed that if he had brought his board it would have been useless. This was a no-fly zone.

"Sir, you are not registered as a current resident. May I ask as to how I may assist you?" The hologram followed him to the glass tube.

"Twelfth floor," the boy replied slightly out of breath.

"I'm sorry, sir. The lift is currently out of service, but perhaps I can forward a call?" Before she was finished the teenager sprinted toward the steps.

The hologram lady watched before disappearing.

Throwing open a door, the boy began the charge up the stairs. He took them two at a time. The thick silver band around his wrist vibrated but he ignored it.

His green eyes were filled with both determination and a hint of something else – fear.

Though running up the stairs was a taxing exercise, he continued at a pace that would put most athletes to shame. On the last few floors he began to slow down, however, he didn't stop once.

The door to the twelfth floor was shoved open and the teen bust through. By the time it shut he was already half way down the hallway. Skidding to a stop in front of a black door he immediately reached for the side. A hand swiped across a smooth surface and as a result a doorbell rung somewhere behind the door.