Lost Hope

Eight years later.

Leonardo had skipped every year since that day. Raphael's temper had grown worse, even though he did his best to control it.

Donatello had kept to himself, rarely showing himself to anyone. He had decided that since he apparently lacked the ability to be loved by the populace (the greatest amount being humans) he didn't have a reason to socialize with the other children. He started hiding from everyone, reading non-stop and basically ostracizing himself from the world. In doing so, he damaged his eyes horrendously and had to wear glasses.

Michaelangelo was a little less enthusiastic, but his enthusiasm grew when he saw a new girl arrive.

The new girl was scaly with blue eyes and black hair. She hid behind the caretakers, people were already talking about her which made her nervous.

"Donnie! There's a new girl!" Mikey ran into their room, filled with excitement.

Donatello had his nose in a large book, he pushed his glasses further up his non-existent nose as he continued reading.

"So? That's not going to change the fact that we will never be chosen. No one will ever love us."

"I know, but come see her anyway." Mikey frowns.

"Fine. But they'd just met Shelob..." He huffed and reluctantly set his book down.

Mikey grabs Donnie's hand and basically drug him downstairs to meet the girl. Donnie tries to keep up and looked around for the rumored girl. The girl was hiding behind the caretakers, watching everyone fearfully.  The caretaker smiled and waved them over, they soon stood next to them.

"This is Isebella. I need you and your brothers to help her around." The caretaker stepped aside to reveal the little girl. Isebella's eyes widen and she ran behind the caretaker.

"She went missing when she was five..." He frowned. "Her parents were killed and we found she was experimented on..."

Donnie frowned deeply and knelt down to look less threatening, he smiled slightly.

"Hi Isebella, I'm Donatello, but you can call me Donnie." He offered his hand. She hissed at him and clung to the caretaker.

"Isebella. You are thirteen years old, they won't hurt you. I promise." He scolded her in a soft voice. She watched the turtle carefully, then she slowly stepped out. She was 3'11 and skinny.

Donatello smiled ever so slightly, but didn't move an inch. Isebella just stared at him for a moment, then slowly walked towards him, turning into a white python and wrapped around him gently. He stiffened slightly, then relaxed and chuckled softly as he hugged her gently. She lifts her head and looked at him curiously.

"Welcome to the orphanage, may I show you around?" He smiled softly.

Her head dipped down in affirmative, then she uncoiled herself from around him and turned back into her human form. Donnie stood up, fixed his glasses and showed her around.

Mikey decided to follow as well, since there wasn't really anything else to do. Soon they finished and Donatello stopped at his oldest brothers bedroom door, he knocked gently.

"Leo, come meet the new girl!" Excitement filled his voice for the first time in eight years.

Leonardo sighs and opens the door. Isebella hid behind Donnie nervously.

"It's okay Isebella, he's my brother." Donnie smiled excitedly and looked at Leo. "She-She's like us, we-we're not alone."

Isebella slowly came out from behind Donnie nervously and smiled shyly. Leonardo nodded.