xxvii. warning sign

XXVII. WARNING SIGN

what strange beings we all are.
full of quirks and flaws, cultivating gardens within our bodies, that grow with the help of the rain and the sun and the smiles of those who we are fond of.
childish laughter or flowing tears, head in the clouds and feet on the ground, ambition and determination, a million of insecurities or overflowing confidence: things that we feel as humans.

we're rather blind to reality, though, often getting lost in our thoughts and each other, and we're still figuring out how to get ourselves back and open our eyes to what's in front of us.
we either feel too much or too little, we struggle to find a middle ground but we try nonetheless.

the weight of the world is too heavy on our shoulders alone so we seek help from someone else, and anyone will do – we're that desperate.
there comes a time where we take down the walls around our heart and let someone in – it can end in misery or happiness –, we give them our all and don't ask for much in return, just that they do the same for us.
it feels like they do when in reality they don't, they're simply deceiving us, tricking us into thinking they would die for us too like we would for them.
but they wouldn't and it feels like we're cars on the highway, over the speed limit, crashing into each other as we swerve from lane to lane unconsciously.
we were drunk in love, so drunk to the point where we completely ignored all the speed limits and the ones screaming at us to slow down.

so we crash.
crash and burn.

-- boys like you should come with a warning sign.