xxvi. she // home (part ii)

XXVI. SHE // HOME (PART II)

her vocabulary consists of well thought out metaphors and witty remarks. she compares you to the things she loves, like her morning coffee ( strong, warm and bittersweet ), the leaves that begin to fall once autumn arrives ( everything has to die at some point in order for the world to continue spinning ), to the blooming flowers that come with spring ( life keeps emerging ), the snow that falls down in the cold winter ( mother nature's way of renovating life ), the early sunrise in summer ( symbolizing a new day, another chance ) and the rainy days that occur during the whole year ( a reoccurring event, like a routine, that is somehow reassuring ).

her metaphors are either as delicate as cotton candy - falling apart and melting with a simple touch of uneasy fingers - or as strikingly harsh as the freezing cold breeze in a winter morning - no matter the amount of layers of clothing ( or thick skin ) that you wear, you'll still feel it and it'll leave you paralyzed, trying to process her words like processing the first moments after being stung by a bee.

despite her quiet and observant personality she has a saying in everything and you feel rather proud of yourself when you manage to leave her speechless, or even just a mumbling mess.
she's not the only one with a way with words, though. you too can say eloquent phrases and make comparisons between her and the world - even though that's the best way you can describe her: the world, your world.

but there's so much more to her than pretty words strung together. she's a collection of thoughts, events and people - like her dad's vinyl collection that she so dearly cherishes -, taking a piece of all those things and keeping them to herself as they slowly but surely add to her persona.
and yet, despite all that, she still is more. she's more than saddening deep thoughts or cheerful giggles; she's more than a clumsy act or a perfect deed; she's more than the river that so peacefully flows down in direction to the sea or the cloudy skies in a grey day; and she's definitely more than a human being, the essence of her existence goes beneath the palpable human standing in front of you.
you can't quite put a finger on her beauty, too ethereal for such a thing, and, as much as you try, her mind is far too complex ( and dangerous ) for you to understand. she doesn't look at the world the same way as everyone else, including you, and she falls in love with all of the subtle components of nature.

at times you think that she's a magical creature trapped in a cage - the planet earth and society - and you wish you could set her free. so you do, in every humanly possible way.

you don't think you'll ever grow tired of trying to understand the majesty, complexity and delicacy of her being.

-- she's the entire universe and you're eris.
( for myself )