4 Diagon Alley

Flora's POV.

My mouth was hanging open, this place was incredible! I made sure I was not dreaming by pinching myself. Then I looked at Hagrid "so... what do we do now?" I asked. He answered "well, I suppose your parents have money? We go to Gringots!" After some minutes I figured out what was Gringots.

My mouth was hanging open again, I really needed to get over the fact I was a witch, and that this things were real because if not I would possibly eat a bug for opening my mouth so much I thought. Anyways my dad exchanged our "normal" money for wizard money that I learned was named Galleons. Then I started going through my booklist. Dumbledore said I would be practicing first year spells, so Hagrid said I should go get a wand with him. My mom and dad would go to a place called Flourish and Blotts, a bookstore to buy my books and after we would meet them there.

There was so many stores to see and so many things to think I was having a hard time doing both at the same time. In between seeing a shop we were passing by and another I kept asking questions to myself: how would my wand be? I wish it has some colorful colors! How can I choose one from so many? We had just passed a broom shop that had a lot of people in. They were looking at a broom named Firebolt? I think. As if reading my thoughts Hagrid said "you know Flora, it is not a wizard that choose a wand, it is the wand that choose the wizard." Now I was confused but before I could say anything we entered a shop called Olivanders, I guess I was going to find out what Hagrid said soon enough.

A short old man came from the many shelves behind the front desk and said "well, well here to buy your first wand miss..." I kindly smiled and answered "Chains, and yes." He smiled back and said "let's get started then!" He took a good look at me and went back into the shelves. Olivanders came out with several boxes, each one containing a wand. He opened one box and handed me a wand "oak wood, unicorn tale hair, 17 inches long." I did not exactly understand what he said, so calmly he explained it to me "it is made of oak wood, has a core of a unicorn tale hair and it is 17 inches long. Give it a try!"

Unsure of what to do I gave a flick and suddenly a lightbulb exploded. I jumped a feet high and put the wand on the desk carefully. He gave me another one "pine wood, dragon scale, 12 inches long." I made the same movement and a chair nearby caught on fire, I thought I was prepared but it almost gave me a heart attack. It went like this for some time, Hagrid sat down and Olivanders handed me wands and I created catastrophe.  Once I made a hole in the wall, the other I made a shelf fall and the other levitated all boxes close by and made a small hurricane.

Right when I thought no wand would fit me, Olivanders went inside and took longer than usual. He came out with only one box and gave the wand inside to me. Right when I took hold of it a warm welcoming summer wind rushed by me. Olivanders started talking, and Hagrid had gotten up and I could feel his eyes staring at me. "Interesting may I say" I looked at the old man, "what is interesting sir?" I asked, he smiled a warm smile and said "Womping Willow wood, phoenix feather, 17 and a half inches long. I assume you know what the Womping Willow is?" I shook my head. "Then in this case I should tell you."

"The Womping Willow is the tree that protects Hogwarts. It has a very angry temper may I say. This is the only wood the tree allowed me to get from her. It has a very strange temper but it is very loyal to its owner. But that is not the only thing interesting, no. The phoenix that gave the feather to this wand gave only more 2. The owners of those wands were the darkest wizard of all times and the boy who defeated him. It is impressive you get something alike so famous people."

I payed for my wand and Hagrid led me to the bookstore. He had been quiet since we left the wand shop but I did not know why.  When we arrived there my parents had already bought my year books and some first years spell books so I could practice. I rushed to show them my new wand and couldn't help but buy some others books. I grabbed: Hogwarts A History, Darkest Wizards of All Times and Their Demise, Protectors of Hogwarts and one I thought was interesting named He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Demise. Most books were not for my age but I loved reading!

We payed for the books and I pushed my parents to go fast, I wanted to start reading my books! We got out of Diagon Alley and into the bar. When we got out of the bar I realized how much time we had spent on Diagon Alley, the sky was starting to get dark, the wind sending chills down my spines. Why did I had to come with shorts today? I hurried up to get to the car, and I was beyond happy when we arrived home.

I got out of the car and said my goodbyes to Hagrid "see ya in September to buy your others materials Flora!" He said with a fake excitement. I had no reason why he was acting like this but it clearly was not convincing. I waved down at him as I saw him walk down the street, I had no idea where. Then I got a good hot tub bath, got on my pajamas and went to have dinner.

When I went to bed, I kept thinking. There was no way I could have spent a better birthday! Ahhhh, this was going to be the best school year ever!