A meaningless kiss (requested)

Shawn x Reader
Requested by: AllisonMcCall11

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I'm just so incredibly sorry. I didn't want that to happen, I, it just-" "It just happened? Were you gonna say that?!" The tears rolled down my face silently as I looked at Shawn. "No. That was not what I was gonna say. Just let me talk. Listen to me, Y/N." "I'm trying to, Shawn. Can't you see that? I am trying to, but-" I stopped and swallowed heavily. "-all I can see when I look at you is how you admire Camila while she's kissing you." My voice faded into a whisper. "Just listen to me for one second. I didn't want to kiss her. Hell, I wish I could turn back time, now that I know what she was up to. Y/N, you gotta believe me. She just came up to me and kissed me, I didn't want to. I immediately pushed her away. Y/N, I could never look at someone else the way I look at you. I look at you and admire your beauty and character. Every feature of your face. Every detail. Because I love you. I've never loved somebody the way I love you. You cause a feeling that spreads inside my whole body, its source being my heart. And no one could ever cause this. Not with one forced kiss, not with a thousand forced kisses. Because you are the only girl I wanna kiss and admire. The only one I wanna wake up next to. The only one I wanna be with. I would never ever break your heart. And I know it's hard to trust me when I'm away so much. But I trust you. And I know that this meaningless kiss makes you doubt me but please. Don't leave me. I love you so much and I can't live without you." "Too bad you can't turn back time, though." I croaked out staring into his desperate eyes, referring to the beginning of the speech he just gave. Slowly I walked away leaving him in front of his car.

Timeskip: 1 week later
"Stop FaceTiming me, Shawn." I eventually answered the call after Shawn didn't stop calling. "I'm sorry Y/N, please. You can't give us up that easily. I love you so freaking much and I'd do anything to get you back." "Shawn, I never said you would have lost me." "Wait what?" "I never ended things between us completely. I just need time, can't you understand that?" "I'm just so sorry, I, I keep messing up everything and then I just, I feel like I couldn't fix it and yet I try and then I make everything just worse, I, I'm sorry, Y/N. Why am I such an idiot? I was about to say 'You can't even imagine how guilty I feel.' but Im pretty sure you can. I'm just not entirely sure if you care." Shawn looked away from his phone, trying to hide the tears that started streaming down his cheeks. He failed though. "Shawn, I-" I didn't know what to say. Seeing him that broken, broke my heart even more. He was always the one that made me happy again when I was down or sad or even angry. "No, Y/N, it's okay. I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say anymore. And I know that 'I'm sorry' won't fix anything but-" "I gotta go Shawn." I quickly hung up as I felt the tears stinging in my eyes. The music was playing in the background when suddenly Shawn's song came on. 'Running Low'. When I heard him sing that I couldn't hold back the tears. I just had this picture of him in my mind. Of him, crying, broken. I needed to see him. I just couldn't keep this up anymore. I put on my shoes and my jacket and made my way through the streets to his house. Nervously I rang the doorbell. "Aaliyah!" I heard Shawn yell. "Why don't you go?" "Because I look like crap. Please." Footsteps approached the door from inside the house before it flung open. In front of me stood Shawn's younger sister Aaliyah. "Hey. I didn't expect you here. Yet I'm glad you are standing in front of me." She hugged me while letting me inside. I flashed her a smile after she told me where Shawn was. Slowly I took a few steps into the living room where I saw him on the couch, wrapped in a blanket. His cheeks were red and puffy, from crying as it seemed. He was focused on the TV without noticing I entered the room. My heart was pounding and I didn't wanna talk. I just wanted to feel his arms around me again. I walked over to the couch before laying down next to him. "Aaliyah what are you do-" Shawn asked but stopped when he saw it was me. "Y/N? What, but-" "Shh. Just," I snuggled into his arms. "Just stay here with me." I laid my hand on his cheek while caressing it gently with my thumb. "I love you, Y/N. I'm sorry, it didn't mean anyth-" "I know, Shawn." I got up from the couch, as he did the same. I hugged him tightly when he wrapped his arms around my body. He buried his head in my hair when I breathed in his scent. Instantly my heart was filled with love again. It's this feeling that will always bring me back to him. "I missed you so much." Shawn mumbled into the crook of my neck. "I've missed your hoodies so much, can I please have one again?" I parted from him looking at his shocked face. A smile conquered my lips while wrapping my arms around his waist, still looking at him. "I missed you too, idiot. You know what you need, Mendes? A shower. Now stop crying, go take one and give me one of your sweaters. I'll be waiting downstairs. Okay?" I wiped his tears away and pecked his lips softly. "I love you. Bitch." He jokingly insulted me. Laughing escaped my mouth before I pushed him into the direction of the stairs. "Go, hurry. Jerk. I wanna cuddle." There he went. He sprinted upstairs as fast as he could.
▪▪▪
This is it, I hope you liked it. Requests are always open. I'd be happy about feedback.