[07]

SKIN DEEP
seven | appointment

Imogen dragged herself into the hall just as gym class was about to start

Imogen dragged herself into the hall just as gym class was about to start. She obviously didn't partake, but she did have to show the permission slip to get out of it. But this time, instead of her having to take the annoying walk to the other side of the hall, the gym teacher simply glanced over at her and nodded in her direction as sort of a you go, I've got it covered.

Under her breath, Imogen muttered, "Well, that took long enough." She was talking about the fact that she had shown the gym teacher the slip many times over the last few weeks and yet it took this long to get it in their head that she obviously won't be partaking in the gym class and will therefore be forced to show the slip repeatedly even though the teacher could take it upon themselves to just remember the obvious and mark her as present anyway.

Just as she turned around, Imogen halted when she heard the very familiar voice of the quiet girl she would say that she had been quite nice to over the last few weeks. "Hey, Imogen?"

Turning her head, she witnessed Isabella Swan stumble as she jogged forward, before reaching the girl already huffing and puffing. "Are you sure you don't smoke a pack of cigarettes a day?"

Isabella glared at Imogen, "Pretty sure. It's a disgusting habit."

Imogen sighed, looking longingly through the open doors to the gymnasium, "You called?"

Bella looked to her feet and shuffled, "Sit with us at lunch again, please?"

Imogen sighed. She really couldn't stand the people she had been forced to sit with on her first day at the school - the people she had been sitting with sporadically since Bella started due to her asking Imogen repeatedly and putting it out there that she wouldn't pick Imogen up anymore if she refused. 

Imogen managed to escape sitting with them half of the time by saying maybe to Bella when she would ask her every morning, but would get away from doing so by walking in the opposite direction of Bella anytime she saw her throughout the day. But there was no escaping it now, considering lunch was after gym and there was no way Imogen could say that she forgot.

Nodding her head, Imogen glared at the girl who let a small smile slip onto her face, "You owe me."

Bella frowned then, losing the smile, "Isn't be driving you back and forth enough?"

Imogen smirked and shook her head, "Not with what you're putting me through, it's not."

Bella smiled gratefully, knowing that she would see Imogen at lunch and turned around to head back into the gym class.

***

Sitting on a fallen tree in the woods, Imogen sat with a book on her knees, attempting to complete the work set for her mother's class after dinner. Recently, she struggled to concentrate, especially when all she could think about was the wolf she now remembers she saw in the woods before passing out and waking up to hear her parents conversing with Sam Uley.