[05]

SKIN DEEP
five | the cullens

SKIN DEEPfive | the cullens

"Yes, I do mind."

Alice whispered out, acting astonished, though Imogen could tell that she had expected this, "Rosalie, be nice."

Imogen, ignoring the girl who was actually trying to help her, directed her speech to Rosalie. "I wasn't exactly speaking to you." Of course, Imogen knew that if she wanted to sit with them that she shouldn't bitch at one of the people sitting at the table. She smiled then, "I was actually asking Edwardo here." Imogen did a little gesture with her hand.

Edward fidgeted when the gaze of his siblings turned to him, one actually cracking up with laughter, smacking his large paw of a hand to his thigh. The sound from the force of the smack resonated throughout the cafeteria, making the eyes of every student turn to them; then went back to their business when they were met with the glare from the blonde, Rosalie.

"I like her," chortled the one who had just calmed down from his fit of laughter due to Imogen calling Edward 'Edwardo'. 

The weird girl - as Jessica had called her - nodded, her already big smile widening into a grin that could put the Cheshire Cat to shame. "Good. Because so do I," Alice nodded while speaking in a quiet but chirpy voice, the tips of her hair bouncing. "Please, sit."

Imogen glanced at each face warily, looking to gauge their reaction to Alice's statement. Edward just stared at Imogen, something which she understood should unsettle her - as it would definitely unsettle others - but didn't bother her in the slightest. Rosalie was staring, no, glaring at Alice with her arms crossed in front of her. Emmett, the boyfriend of Rosalie, was staring at his girlfriend with this look that demanded her to play nice. Alice was smiling at her while her small dainty hand rested on the clenched fist of the boy next to her. 

Jasper, he was the one who looked like her was in pain, his gaze fixed on the table and frowning slightly. Imogen widened her eyes when she caught sight of a few small scars that littered the visible parts of his neck. 

Pulling out the chair in front of her - now the only free chair in the cafeteria - she sat down slowly, waiting for one of them to turn around and tell her to fuck off, that it was all a joke. But, once she was fully seated in the chair, Alice immediately started a conversation, "So, you've already met Edward."

Imogen nodded, raising an eyebrow at the glare Alice was receiving from Edward. Imogen knew that she was imposing, but she wasn't going to just walk away now that she had taken a seat. Knowing that none of the have been formally introduced, Imogen said, "I'm Imogen. I met Edward in Biology."

"We know who you are." The questioning gaze on Imogen's face was clear, something that made Rosalie actually want to elaborate to her earlier statement, so she did. "You're the new girl dragging around what appears to be an oxygen tank: everyone is talking about you."