Contest Entry #2

So this is from the same contest, only the topic was action... A different realm for me xD

I also have not touched this since I was 16. Eeek. 

***

"Here you go little lady." The police man gently led me into a slightly small cell with two other girls already in it. One was lying on the floor, blankly staring at the ceiling, while the other was chewing at her nails in a corner by the barbed window.

I jumped at the sound of the cell locking, and watched as the police man walked away. "So, you're a newbie?" The girl lying on the floor asked.

I didn't trust my voice to talk; my voice might shake which might make the girls laugh at me, which will make me red. So instead, I nodded a no.

"I'm Delilah, and that's Scarlet. She likes to think...a lot." I slightly laughed as Delilah got up from the floor and gave me a quick hug. I could smell the scent of cigarettes, plus her eyes had dark circles around them, obviously she was a smoker. Scarlet looked up at the sound of her name and smiled lightly at me. She gave me a quick wave, then the whistle blew, "Time for break."

The same police officer that dragged me in opened the lock on our cell and led Scarlet, Delilah and I towards the Break Room. This was basically like recess as a kid, only it was guarded with barbed wired fence and only had the occasional benches.

As I walked out, I looked at the sky—clear, not a cloud in sight, typical weather for Arizona. I kicked the dry dirt as I walked slowly towards a bench. I sat down, and not even 3 minutes after, Scarlet came and sat on my left, while Delilah sat on my right.

"So, what are you here for?" Delilah asked, as she took out a cigarette from her pocket and lit it to smoke.

"I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time." Delilah laughed loudly.

"You don't expect me to believe that do you? Now seriously, what did you do?"

I sighed, Delilah wouldn't give up until I told her, and I didn't plan on telling her. I stared at her cigarette trying to think of a lie to tell her, and immediately Delilah grabbed an extra cigarette from her pocket, and handed one to me.

"Go ahead, take a puff." Honestly, I wasn't a fan of smoking; it was basically death on a stick. I glared at the cigarette cradled between my two fingers with disgust. Delilah got the idea and grabbed the cigarette from my hand and threw the cigarette on the ground along with the pack that was in her pocket. "I should quit anyway."

I smiled and nodded as I turned to Scarlet who was looking behind us looking wary. "Scarlet, is there something-" Before I could finish my sentence, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and had to look up at a tall boyish figure, only the figure was a girl. It was as if a boy had been trapped in a girl's body. She wasn't exactly toned, but she definitely had more meat on her bones than me.

I stood up from the bench so I wouldn't have to look up to her...but when I stood up the girl was still taller than me. "So, you're the new girl?" All of the sudden, it felt like high school all over again...only I was more dangerous. 

***

I didn't even finish it cause I didn't know how to write a fight scene, lol. 

-T