"Skating speed rocket?" I questioned with a laugh.

He groaned, "Damn it, the word babbling's already begun!"

_____________________________________________________

"- and he gets really nervous on first dates apparently so therefore you must come with me so he's more calm, chill, and collected." I stated, finishing explaining Ben's situation to Aiden.

Aiden looked at me, "I don't know..it seems kind of weird crashing their date."

I shook my head, "But if we go then it's more like a group hang out.. sort of.."

He bit his lip. "Sort of?"

My mind ran, thinking of ideas to get Aiden to agree to go. I then spotted Luke and smiled. "What if Celia and Luke came too?"

He put his hands around my shoulders and grinned, "Then they can go with Ben and we can keep our plans for hanging out on our own tonight."

I stared at him, a small smirk on my face. "Did you make special plans for us tonight that I don't know about?"

He shook his head, looking away from me. "No, I just wanted to spend some alone time with you. I feel like we're always with a bunch of people when we hang out."

I pulled a loose strand of hair behind my ear and fiddled with my fingers. "I'm sorry...Want me to beg Celia and Luke to go in our place?"

He stared at me for a moment before shaking his head, "It wouldn't work anyway; Celia's sick. Luke's probably going to stay in with her tonight and watch movies with her like they planned."

I had no idea Celia wasn't feeling well which made me feel awful. Hockey had taken over so much that I was losing touch with simple teenage girl Veronika compared to hockey playing "boy" Veronika.

"What if we hung out tomorrow too? Just the two of us." I proposed.

He sighed, "Can't tomorrow. My brother got me a part time job that starts tomorrow, remember?"

I nodded, "Right..okay. I'll just tell Ben we can't make it tonight."

He sighed, "Don't do that, I'll go."

I paused and took a step back from him. "I don't want to force you to go."

"What other choice do I have?" he asked in a rude tone.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. He was never this moody before. "Don't come, I'll just find someone else to go with me."

"V, wait." I heard him say, but I had already turned around and was on the lookout for a friend to tag along with me. It was clear that Aiden didn't want to go and I was not going to make him, so I figured it would be better to just ask someone else. I felt bad that we didn't get to spend time alone like he wanted, but it's not like we never did or like it was the end of the world if we didn't today.

"Woah, sorry. Didn't see you there." The familiar deep voice of Harry stated as he accidentally bumped into me.

I smiled. He was the perfect friend to accompany me. "It's alright. Make it up to me by coming with me on Ben's first date?"

He tilted his head, "Huh?"

"Ben got asked out by Vince again. He asked me to double date with him to make it less awkward."

He stared at me, "So you want me to go on a date with you?"

I shrugged, "Not a real date. Just as friends, but Vince doesn't need to know that."

"And what about Aiden? Won't he care I'm taking his girlfriend out on a pretend date?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, he probably won't care since he's the one who said no in the first place."

"Trouble in paradise?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow.

I bit my lip, not really wanting to answer.

"Eh, whatever, none of my business. Sure, I'll go with you." he stated a moment later with a content smile on his face.

"Really? Great, thank you so much!" I stated happily, giving him a hug and a thumbs up to Ben who nodded and turned to probably say yes to Vince.

Harry smirked, "Any time."

"What the hell, V?" Aiden asked, coming up to us a few seconds later.

I let go of Harry and turned to Aiden. "What? It was just a hug. Harry agreed to come with me to help out Ben. You're off the hook like I said before."

Aiden looked at Harry's smug look and then at me. "Of course he did. I told you I would go, there's no need for him to go too."

Ben popped over before I could reply. "Harry's coming too? That's great, more people means less nerves. Vince wants to go bowling, is that okay with everybody?"

I turned to Aiden with a displeased look while he glared at Harry who let out a chuckle, "I love bowling."

_________________________________________________

sorry not much happened in this chapter, i just thought it was a good stopping point to lead up to the next chapter

thank you so much for all the votes and reads on the last chapter, i'm so glad you guys want to still read this mess of a story

Questions

1. Do you think Aiden's acting weird?

2. Does Ronnie have a right to be somewhat angry at Aiden or no?

3. What do you think's going to happen next chapter?

**p.s. this is what i imagine vince to look like in case you wanted a visual

 this is what i imagine vince to look like in case you wanted a visual