chapter 47

"Loki, I'm going out, I'll be back later tonight" Eira told loki as she waked past him, he quickly walked after her.
"Who's going to accompany you?" He asked.
"No one, I'm going alone" she said, wishing he hadn't asked.
"You can't go alone" he told her, a little shocked that she would want to go alone. "I just need some time to myself, I'm bringing a weapon, I'm wearing my armor, I promise I'll be careful" she said to him, almost asking for his permission to go alone.
"Alright, but please be careful" he said with a sigh, not really wanting her to go alone, but also not wanting her to feel like she was his prisoner.
"Thank you" she said, quickly kissing him, and walking out of the palace, the sun was going to go down soon, and she wanted a few hours to herself. She walked pretty far away from the palace, it took her some time to get past where people were, but she was finally alone, she came to the edge of the forest.
"I guess I should leave signs for myself" she said under her breath, and pulling out a dagger. She walked into the forest, marking the trees as she went so that she could find her way back. All off a sudden she heard twigs cracking, and leaves crunching.
"Who's there?" She said, gripping her knife more tightly, she turned around, looking in every direction, she saw the figure of a woman standing behind one of the trees.
"Who are you?" She said, sternly.
"The fire come and melts the ice" Eira heard the woman say, her heart began to race, whenever those words were spoken to her, she remembered her past with Embrey.
"Embrey?" He questioned, knowing It could only be her. "Well I'm glad you remember that little rhyme" Embrey said, coming out from behind the tree. Eira quickly drew her bow and readied an arrow.
"Why are you here?" She asked. Embrey flashed a smile that made Eira shiver.
"You've grown so much, haven't you?" She said, as if there was no history between them.
"You have no idea. And if you make one wrong move, I swear I will put an arrow between your eyes" she said, her voice strong and steady.
"Where did you learn to control you power? Last time I saw you, everything you touched turned to ice" Embrey said, in all to casual a tone.
"Loki taught me" she said "you remember him right? He's the one you nearly beat to death" she continued angrily.
"Which one? There are so many" Embrey said with no emotion in her tone.
"My husband" Eira said, knowing Embrey was only trying to taunt her.
"Oh yes, loki, now I remember him. He talked too much" she said. "Well, I'm glad to see someone was able to teach you something" she said, with a hint of mockery.
"Why are you here?" Eira asked again.
"I thought I'd give you a fair warning. My army will be moving in two days from tomorrow, and I thought I'd at least give you a fighting chance" she told her calmly, which made Eira angry.
"Give me one god reason not to kill you now" Eira said, pulling her arrow back further.
"You couldn't kill me, even if you wanted to" Embrey said back.
"I wouldn't count on that" she said, releasing her arrow, but it didn't kill Embrey, it went right through her. Eira stood there in confusion.
"You think loki is the only one who can make illusions?" Embrey laughed as she disappeared in a shimmer of magic."No! Come back!" Eira shouted into the air, she stood there a moment longer before deciding to turn back, she ran back through the forest as if she was being chased, finally she got back to the palace, panting for breath.
"Thor" she called, approaching Thor.
"What's wrong?" He asked, seeing that she clearly was running.
"Embrey's army is going to attack two day from tomorrow" she told him, his eyes widened."How do you know?" He asked.
"It's complicated, but I spoke to her" she told him. She then quickly walked back to her chambers, and locked herself inside, she needed time to think about everything that had happened.
"Why? Why is she doing this? What have I done? She's the one that abandoned me, why does she hate me so much? And-" she was startled by being cut of by loki.
"You shouldn't talk to yourself out load like that, people can hear you" he said standing up from reading.
"Loki!" She jumped as she turned around. "I didn't know you were in here" she said, catching her breath.
"Loki, I have to tell you something about Embrey" she told him. She told him about them meeting in the woods, and that her army was coming in two days, and how she is able to make illusion of herself.
"Good. The sooner we win this, the better" he told her confidently. He knew she was dreading the time when Embrey came, but he was almost looking forward to it, he just wanted it to be over, he hated seeing Eira so anxious all the time, and he knew that Asgard's forces were stronger than Muspelhiem's. His biggest fear now, was Eira, he knew Embrey was infecting her mind, and he didn't want to see her fall to pieces.