Chapter 12 - Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

** NANDINI **

Fame. Eventually this is something  everybody's is working for. But the feeling of being famous is not as good as it looks. Fame means u have to be cautious of ur every move. It feels every pair of eyes are in your direction, like u r being monitored 24*7.

Yes..!! I'm famous now. Thank to Manik and stunt he pulled in the Mall everybody knows my name. Well the thing is I'm not comfortable with crowd and people. But the good thing is I'm being loved by so many in fact I'm getting more love than hatred. So  it's not that hard to deal for now.

"You have ur phone with u na...?"

I groaned listening Manik asking me the same question for like umpteenth time. We are in this awesome event and in every 5-10 minutes he is either telling me to 'STAY BY HIS SIDE' or 'ASKING ME ABOUT MY PHONE'.

"Yes.. Manik .. Yes.. I have my phone. I'm not getting lost. This party is not out of town. So even if I lost u I'll be able to come back on my own. DON'T WORRY.."  I hissed at him to which he just shrugged and sipped his drink.

"I was just being careful.." He said with a cute pout that actually brought a big smile at my lips.

Seriously. No matter how annoying his questions are. But he is still cute. I really want to pinch his cheeks.

Manik and I were having a great time. He introduced me to many of his sponsors quite big names. He was literally holding on to me , So he wouldn't repeat his mistake. Until Alya came..!!

I was hit by a strong sense of déjà vu coz the grip Manik had on me loosened as soon as Alya came in his view. But he didn't completely leave me.

Should that be comforting?

"Manik...!!" Alya greeted in her sugar coated voice. I was for once got scandalized coz Alya and Manik never spoke to each other since they broke up. Sure Manik pursue her but she the bitch she is ignores him like jinx.

"Alya..!!" Manik nodded. His voice surprisingly cold and stony.

"It's been so long.. How have u been?" She extended her hand for handshake in order to complete the greeting. I couldn't help but notice Manik's eyes going from top to bottom before setting on her face with a mischievous smirk on his face.

He has to leave me in order to take Alya's hand. And I was expecting something like that when he clutched my waist tightly and pulled me a bit closer.

"I was not good before but now since she stepped in my life. I'm ecstatic."

He said smiling down at me. It was like a slap without sound on Aliya's face.

I looked in his deep eyes and wondered if he really meant that or is it just to show Alya.

Till now I was invisible to Aliya but now when Manik has pulled me into the picture. Aliya gave me her overly sweet sugar coated smile.

Gosh..!! I don't even like sweets. I'll get diabetes..!! GO AWAY..!!

"Ohh... Nandini.. Right..?? I guess we didn't start off on the right foot last time. I think we--"

"Last time ?? When did u guys meet?"

Aliya was not able to complete herself as Manik interrupted her looking at me with a deep frown now asking for his answer.

"Wo Manik.. W-we..." I was interrupted by my phone. It was the call from my students' house. I freed myself from Manik's grip whose eyes were also on my phone looking at the name of the caller. He held my hand when I turned to leave.