Chapter 11 - Building Trust

** NANDINI **

"Nandini..!! Are u ready??"

Manik called as usual barging into the room. I took my bag and nod in response. He turned on his heels muttering..

"Hmm..!! Let's Go..!!"

No no.. We are not formal anymore. In fact we friendly since that day. Manik came to my room in that night as well to talk to sleep and has been coming everyday. And every morning the pillow wall was scattered everywhere around the room. So after 2-3 days I stopped making it.

Huh..!!

Now there is another event and Manik and I are going to shopping. Yeah..!! Shopping for my dress. As Manik has no idea about girl's wear and he doesn't want to be jerk anymore by picking dresses from Alya's designer.

Well the positive thing is he didn't show much of his obsession over Alya this whole week. Maybe because he was too busy dealing with fans and Management. MaNan's popularity was getting higher and higher with each passing day.

Alas..!! It's not true..!!

It doesn't hurt anymore to think of his words. It's not like Manik and I can ever be together.

Oh yes .!! Another good news.. I got a job again. Much better job relating my passion MUSIC..!! One of Cabir's friend ARYAMANN has a music academy and he needed a classical singer. So Cabir recommended me and helped me getting the job back.

Because Aryamann is a friend, he is not annoying. In fact just like Cabir, he is sweet and friendly. Even today I've a day off. But he didn't say anything and happily agreed. But there is a thing. There are two kids in my class whose mother wants me to babysit them for tonight as she is a single mother and has to go out of station for her job. Since My bonding with her kids is really good, she asked me.

"How about this one ?" I was pulled out of my thoughts and saw Manik holding the hanger which has an awesome red and black gown.

I was sooo mesmerized by the dress that I kept looking at it without uttering any word. Which probably made Manik uncomfortable.

"Unn.. Actually.. Whenever I go for shopping. I can't help but pick red and black. You-- u should choose.. Yes..." He stuttered and was about to put the hanger back when I ran and grabbed his hand..

"Nooo... This.. This is beautiful.. I loved it. You really have great taste in colors.."

I praised him and again in no time he was back to his self obsessed confident self.

"I know.!!" He winked at me and turned to the attendants.

"Here..!! Please get some good shoes for this dress.." He ordered them and pulled out his phone which was vibrating. His eyes widened as he saw the caller.

I wonder who the person is that Manik is so surprised. He excused himself and very tentatively answered the call..

"H-h-hel-lo.."  He stammered..!!

The Manik Malhotra stammered. No.. Not like he was scared of the person but more like he was scared that the person will hang up.

Who that could be ?

I kept following Manik with my eyes till he disappeared into some corner.

It's not like he'll leave me again.. Will he ??

He said he won't repeat the mistake.

I calmed myself down and started checking the shoes.

"How much it costs?" I asked admiring the shoe back and forth grinning stupidly.