Chapter 2 *Sneak peek*

Someone had pulled the trigger

The sound of people screaming and chairs being pushed was all I could hear after that.

"At least that had gotten your attention," the tall lady with chestnut hair had spoken up at the front. She held a gun in her hand which she tucked in at the side of her jeans.

"Now," she smiled, "many of you have made it into this academy for a reason. Not everyone is capable of getting into this academy. There are certain criteria you needed to meet in order to be in here. All of you have met those criteria for your own race and I applaud you all for that." She raised her hands and applauded and the other students followed after her.

I didn't.

"There will be a test to see which groups you will be put in after this so please stay put after I finish speaking until further instructions from the assistant principal Ash Lockwood," she explained.

Just hearing his name made me shudder.

"First I'll be going through the rules of our academy," she stated. A presentation was put up on the screen going through the following rules:

1. No usage of weapons outside of the academy.

2. You must have your identity cards with you at all times.

3. Your tattoos must be covered if you ever do leave the place.

4. You must be with at least one of your group members at all times unless said otherwise.

5. No sexual activities with any other member of this academy.

After going through the rules she had told us that if any of the rules were broken, we would be punished.

"Thank you all for being very calm and patient throughout the whole presentation," she smiled. "Now I'll hand over the stage to the assistant principal," everyone applauded as my brother made his way to the stage, well, everyone except me.

"Thank you, Ms. Dikshit," some of the kids snickered at the mention of her name. "I'd like to explain how this school works, and if you have any questions then please ask at the end," Ash started. "You all will be assigned to go to certain rooms depending on what race you are. There, you will be given a mini test to see which people you'll be with. Those people will be your group members for the rest of the year.

"You and your group will be competing against other groups. There will be trials that you must pass in order to win. Some of you will make it, others may not," his gaze had met mine. "That's why we will be using the strength of the black people, the mentality of the Asians, and the privileges of the white people in each of the groups."

"WHAT?!?" I yelled. Every eye in the room made its gaze toward me. "That's the most stereotypical thing I've ever heard."

My brother's gaze hardened on me. "Didn't I say to leave the questions till the end, Rachel Lockwood?"