Chapter 1

Choose a name

Choose a name.

1. Taylen

2. Ailen

3. Elentiya

4. Paradise

5. Rachel

I closed my sea green eyes trying to process what has happened in the past few hours.

I changed my name.

I changed my hair color.

I changed my eye color.

I didn't change my race.

You might find it funny that I'm saying this. I mean, you can't change your race, you were born with it.

That's was the label given to me at birth.

Being white.

"Rachel Lockwood" I heard the voice I was dreading to hear.

That's my new name.

Although Rae Woods sounded quite similar to Rachel Lockwood it just didn't seem right.

It didn't seem me.

"Ash Lockwood." My voice matches his menacing tone of voice. He tilted his chin to the side.

"I never thought you would actually join this place." He chuckled underneath his breath. "Dad's right. You have changed."

"And you haven't," I stated. But before he could say anything I spoke up again. "I find it hard to believe that even after all these years, you haven't changed one bit."

I saw him stiffen at my words that spoke nothing but the truth.

"Here's your room number." He bitterly shoved a white sheet of paper at me. My eyes roamed down to my hand which held the paper. I bring the sheet up close so I can read the fine print.

"Room 624," I read aloud as I kept eye contact with my older brother. I saw his gray eyes twitch as I spoke the number. "So you Remember," I finished. That's all I had to say and he would understand.

I swerve around and start walking through the empty hallway. My footsteps echo through the halls while I make my way through till the end. I glance up at the door that stood before me.

"FIVE," I read the metal label.

My hand absentmindedly twists the doorknob making it open under my pressure. The door slowly opens by itself, creaking with every move it makes.

I shivered at the sound it made.

I know that in almost every horror movie I've watched that the person opens the door and sees nothing and laughs, but instantly when they turn around they see the ghost. I'm not saying this happens all the time but in most case scenarios that's exactly what happens, and this just happens to be one.