Chapter 10

Demi's POV

I walked across the street closer to the girl. She was crying. As I get closer I can tell her hair is all knotted and her clothes are kind of dirty and ripped. I tried not to scare her as I spoke softly to her "Hey are you alright?" I kneeled down Infront of her as she looked up at me. She had blonde hair and gorgeous green eyes. She looked around 13 or 14.

She stiffened up after looking at me. I think she realized who I am. She wiped her eyes and stood up quickly saying "Um yea I'm um, I'm fine. Just wanted to sit down for a minute."

She was obviously lying. "Honey are you sure? How long have you been out here, it's kind of late."
"Oh not long, I was just taking a walk" She said quickly trying to hide something.

"Well do you want a ride home? It's not safe to be walking around here at this time."
She looked nervous but said "uhh sure".

I smiled "Alright come on" I waved her to follow me to the car. I got ok and she got into the passenger seat. She looked back and saw Jenna.
She said "Is that your daughter??"
I smiled "Yea her name is Jenna, she just turned 7."
She looked at me weird "wait how can you have- I mean aren't you like 20?"
I laughed "yea I'm 22, I adopted her. don't worry honey she's not biologically mine, but she's been with me for a year and I can't get enough of her."
"Oh." Was all she said.
To break the silence I asked her what her name was. "Oh sorry its Isabella, but most people call me Bella." I smiled and kept driving where she told me to.

After about 10 minutes we started driving into a sketchy area of town. Then all of a sudden she said "just stop here."
I looked around confused. There was nothing around us. I was just at a random stop sign. "Bella are you sure? This doesn't look too safe. Where do you live?"
She looked at me like she didn't know what to say. I put the car in park and said "Honey you can tell me what's really going on. It's okay."
She looked at me with tears in her eyes "Okay fine, make a right here."

I put the car in drive again before turning right and driving down the dark road until Bella said "Stop. It's right here. Well thanks for the ride."

Before I could say something she jumped out of the car running into the building. That's when I looked up at the top of building where the sign read "Children Care Home of Los Angeles"
She was an orphan. Oh gosh. I feel horrible now. I didn't even get to talk to her.

What am I saying? Ugh why must I always catch feelings with people so quickly!? I sigh and turn around to check on Jenna. She's still sleeping. I turn around and drive home thinking about Bella. She was probably running away. Maybe ill go by tomorrow and talk to her.

As soon as I pull in the driveway I get out and carefully grab Jenna trying not to wake her. Of course though, she woke up. She yawns and says "Mommy are we home now?"
"Yea baby were gunna go get our jammys on and go night night okay?"
She rubs her eyes and puts her head down on my shoulder.

I grab the keys out of my purse and open the door before walking upstairs into Jenna's room and setting her down on the bed.

"Baby can you put your pajamas on for me?"
She yawns and says "Mommy you do it, I tired."
I smile and hold her up so she's standing/leaning her body on me as I kneel down and get her out of her clothes from today and change her into a purple onsie.
I pick her up and tuck her in. I kiss her head and say "Goodnight princess"
She tiredly says "Night mommy I love you"
I whisper "I love you more" she smiles a little before rolling over dozing off.

I go shower and then get into bed still having Bella in the back of my head. I need to get her out of there. But am I ready?