Chapter 17

Demi's POV

I follow her through the back of the store that leads us to an employee parking lot. I couldn't help but check her out, oh god what am I doing. I hear her cough and look up to see her smirking. Oh no. She noticed. I'm screwed. She laughs and says "Get in"

I get in the passenger seat of her white, clean car. It smells really nice too. I put my seatbelt on as she did the same and she pulled out of the parking lot. "So uhm where am I going?" she says. She was getting flirty so why not?
"Mhmm well I don't know, can I trust that you won't stalk me if I show you where my house is?" She laughs. And oh my gosh her laugh is so cute.
"Well if I want to come see you again, I may wanna know where you live" she says with a wink.
"Okay fair enough, make a left here and then go straight."
She turns and were just driving in silence until I break it.
"Wait I never even or your name..hahah" I laugh a little to lose the awkwardness.
"Why should I tell you? You might try and stalk me or something. I mean now you know where I work" She flirts back and mimics me.
"Well I mean..what if I wanted to see you again? I'd need to know your name"
She smiles that gorgeous smile and says "Alright fine, it's Jessica"
I smile at that as we pull up to a red light and she looks at me.
"Well it's nice to meet you Jessica, I'm Demi" I say with a giggle.
"I know who you are Demi"
"Well you never know , and I like a proper introduction "
She giggles and says "Well then it's nice to meet you Demi" she holds her hand out for me to shake. I smile and shake her hand. As soon as I touched my skin with hers I could feel the little shock. My stomach did a little flip.

We kept driving as I gave her directions til we pulled up to the gate of my house. "Well here we are" I say while taking off my seatbelt.
"Thank you sooo much for the ride. I really appreciate it."
"Of course" she says with that cute smile again.
I start to get out when she grabs my wrist and says "Can we um-maybe see each other again?" I smile at that and say "yea I'd love that. Let me have your phone"
She hands me her phone and I put my number in with the name 'Demi😘💖😍' and tell her "text me whenever"
She smiles and says "I will"
With that I say bye and walk up to the door and walk inside to see Marissa on the couch watching TV.
"I'm back" I say with a cheeky smile.
"Oh hey, wait a minute...I know that smileeee" she teases me.
"What? No! I don't know what you're talking about"
"Oh come on Demi, who is it???"
I feel my face warm up just thinking about her.
"Oh my gosh you're blushing! Demi! Tell me now!!!" She says jumping Infront of me.
"Well the paparazzi wouldn't let me leave so I just got a ride home from a friend"
She wiggles her eyebrows and says "what friend?"
I hit her arm playfully and said "Shut uppp. But her name's Jessica. That's all I'm saying."
Rissa smiles and says "Alright but I better meet this mysterious Jessica soon"
"Yea yeaaa whatever"

We clean up the house for a bit and then sit down and watch a little tv before I go to pick up the girls. We're watching the ID channel when my phone goes off. It's a text from a number I don't know but it says "hey it's Jess from Starbucks"
I smile and add her to my contacts before replying
D-Hey! What's up?
J- Just thought I'd text you to make sure you didn't forget about me haha
D-Don't worry I didn't (;
J-Haha well good! But would you want to go out maybe?
D-Yea that's sounds nice. How about tomorrow? Around noon?
J-Sure. I'll pick you up?
D-Sounds good! See you tomorrow (:
J-Can't wait(;

"Helllloo! Earth to demi!" Marissa says snapping her fingers Infront of me.
"What? Sorry"
She laughs and says "don't you have to pick up the girls?"
"Oh shit! Yea thanks. Are you staying over again?"
"Do you want me to?"
"Well I kinda need you tomorrow...."
"Oooooo are you going on a date?!"
"Yes okay shut up I don't wanna hear it. I'll be back thanks!"

I run out the door and drive to my moms and pick up the girls. They get in the car and Jenna says "Hi mommy!" I smile and say "hey baby. did you guys have fun?"
She nods and I look at Bella.
"What about you Bell? Did you have a good time?"
She ignored me and just looked out the window. I'm not gonna push what only because Of her anger.

We get home and Jenna runs up the driveway and inside while Bella slowly walks up. As I get my purse from the car and lock the door I hold Bella back. "Honey what's wrong?"
She shakes her head and stay silent.
"Bella come on. You need to talk to me."
She stays quiet. I sigh and say "then go up to the quiet room and give me your phone. I'm your mother and you do as I say."
She rolls her eyes and slaps her phone into my hand before stomping upstairs. I go into the living room and Rissa gives me a questioning look. I say "Hey Jenna? Was everything okay today at grandma's?"
She nods her head and says "Yea! Maddie helped me on her swingy stuff!" I smile and say "that's good baby. what about Bella? What'd she do?"
She shrugs her shoulders and says "She didn't do anything. When Maddie asked her to come outside she said she want to be by herself"
"Okay thank you. Run upstairs and get ready for a bath please." She runs upstairs and I look back at Marissa.
"What am I supposed to do. First she's angry, no she's silent maybe depressed. I don't want her to get used to this. She shouldn't have to"
"Dem you know what you have to do. She's your daughter now, even if she gets mad; you do it because you love her. Do what's right"
I smile and hug her. We both go upstairs. Rissa goes into Jenna's room to give her a bath while I go into the quiet room with Bella.
I sit down next to her and hold my knees close to my chest.
"What's up girly?"
She stays silent. She's laying down staring at the ceiling.
"Bella come on, talk to mommy. You know you can tell me anything. Good or bad."
She's still looking up but I see a gear fall down her cheek. I wipe it away and pull her into my lap.
"Bella please don't cry. Let me help you baby. I need to know what you're thinking."
I can hardly hear her when she says
"I don't know"
"What don't you know?"
"What I'm supposed to say. What I feel. I don't know anything." She starts crying more into my chest. I pick her chin up so she looks at me,
"Bella I know you don't want this, but I think we should get some professional help."
She shakes her head and starts crying more.
"Shhh shh baby come on. I know what's going on. Understand how hard this is. I went through it all."
She picks her head up and says "really?"
"Yes. All of it. And I get why you don't wanna take medicine, but it really will help you. I promise I won't give you anything that will hurt you."
She sighs and says "pinky promise?"
I smile and give her my pinky and say "pinky promise" She smiles and says "I really love you mom."
"And I love you more baby"