Chapter 9

*ONE YEAR LATER*

Demi's POV

Jenna just turned 7 last week. We had a huge pool party for her in the backyard since her birthday is in August, with a bouncy house and a clown and face painters.

I've been home schooling her since I take her with me around the country for work. But she doesn't mind it. She has made friends through people I know, and she's happy. But she was spoiled rotten for her birthday. My mom got her a laptop. I don't think it was that smart. I mean she's 7 years old! So before she could use it, I made sure to block all the social media stuff. I'd rather not have her on that stuff. She's too young and it would be too much.

Besides that, I got her a puppy. She was so surprised. She named the puppy Sofie. I think it's cute.

"Mommmy!!!! Can I take Sofie for a walk!?" Jenna screamed as he walked downstairs.

I'm in my office right now trying to figure out what to do about my upcoming interviews. I just finished touring around the states.

"Jenna I really have to work right now, and you can't go by yourself." She pouted and said "But mommy-" I cut her off before she could continue. "How about we go to grandma's house for a little. You and Maddie can play with Sofie in the yard." She thinks about it and says "okay!"

We get in the car. Jenna's holding Sofie on her lap. "Jenna is it okay if I just drop you off at grandmas and come back later? Mommy really needs to work today."

She rolled her eyes and said "fine"
"I'm sorry baby but if you want-" this time she cut me off "yea I know, if I want to live in the house we have and keep doing cool stuff you need to work. Okay I get it."

I sigh and say "You know I love you"
She rolls her eyes again "You know I love you mommy" I smile and pull into my moms driveway. I get out at the same as Jenna does. She ran Into the house with Sofie and went upstairs to Maddie's room. I walk into the kitchen as my mom noticed me. "Hey honey I was just making lunch what do you want?"

I shake my head "I can't stay. I was wondering if Jenna could hangout her for the day. I need to get some work done at home and she's just in a hyper mood today"

I forgot to mention. Jenna was diagnosed with a mild case of ADD. She just sometimes gets a little rowdy and hyper. When she's like that it just means she needs to run herself down. I have medication for it but I only give it to her when she needs it. Which reminds me, I probably should give it to her today considering I won't be around.

I yell from the bottom of the stairs, "Jenna can you come take your medicine please!?"
She comes down the steps and says "mommy shh don't scream it"
"What are you talking about? Grandma knows you take it baby. There's nothing wrong with it."

She rolls her eyes and takes it out of my hand before chewing on it.
"Open up, let me see."
I make her open her mouth so I know she takes it, because sometimes she doesn't want to take it so she'll hide it under her tongue and throw it out once I leave.

She rolls her eyes and opens her mouth showing she took it.

"Okay thank you, but hey. One more eye rolling and you'll be home with me all day while I work. And that'll be with no tv, laptop, or toys. So behave and get rid of the attitude." I say sternly.

She was about to roll them again but caught herself before she did it.

I raise my eyebrow and say "okay give me a hug I'm going home." She smiles and gives me a big hug. I give her a kiss and say "Be good for grandma!" As I walk out the door.

*a few hours later*
Phone call after phone call, I think I'm finally done with all of my work.
I look over my checklist, yes I need a checklist okay I'm not very good at remembering things-but according to my list I am done.

I look at the clock and it's 9:30. Oh jeez I hope Jenna's okay. She probably is though. She's stayed at my moms before. And she has Maddie. I call my mom, she quickly answers "Hi demi, have you finished everything?"
"Yea hey mom I was just calling to make sure Jenna's okay"
"Yes she's fine, she's upstairs with Maddie I think they're watching a movie."
"Alright well ill be over shorty to pick her up. Just tell her to get her stuff together"
"Okay honey see you soon"
"Bye mom"

I hang up and grab my phone and keys before getting into my car and driving away towards my moms.

I park outside moms and walk inside. "Hello????"
"In the yard demi!!!" I hear Eddie say

I walk to the back and see everyone hanging out with a little fire going. I smile when I spot Jenna with chocolate and melted marshmallow all over her mouth. She jumps on me and says "Hi mommy! Look grandpa made us s'mores!"

I laugh and say "that's great baby, you ready to go home?" She nods her head quickly and runs into the house to get her stuff. I look at Eddie "Dad how many s'mores did you let her have..?" He laughs and says "Oh just a few don't worry she'll crash in no time."
I roll my eyes and say "great, it's almost 10 o'clock and she's got a sugar rush. Just what I need."

She runs back over to me with Sofie in her arms and says "I'm ready!" I kiss her head and say "alright say goodbye to everyone"

She gives everyone a hug and kiss goodbye before running over to the car.

We only live 15 minutes away from my parents, but within 5 minutes Jenna was passed out in the backseat. I just laugh and continue driving.

As I'm driving down our street, by one of our parks I saw something weird. There was a girl, not that old sitting on the curb by herself. I don't know why but I feel the need to stop

I pull over across the street looking back at my sleeping daughter before getting out and locking the car.