Chapter 37

Demi's POV

I hear the front door open, meaning Jess and Nicole are back. We had a good time go-kart racing and after that they went to pack up their stuff.

I walk into the foyer and Jess is standing there with a ton of bags in both hands. I laugh and say "You want some help?"

She nods and drops the bags. Nicole walks in with her big suitcase. I say "Why does she have one thing and you have like ten bags?"

"We only had one suitcase and I have alot more than her"

I smile and say "okay well just throw the bags upstairs and we'll unpack later, I need help with dinner"

They both nod. Nikki runs upstairs to her new room with Bella, and I grab a few of Jess' bags and follow her upstairs to my room. We put them down and I turn back around to walk back downstairs when I feel something pull me back. Jess wraps her finger around one of my belt loops and pulls me close to her. I smile and say "May I help you?"

She nods and says "You know with three girls being around us, it'll be hard to not go crazy"

I giggle and say "I guess they'll have to deal with it then"

She smiles and says "I love you" before kissing me softly.

I wrap my arms around her neck, deepening the kiss. I part my lips allowing her to enter, and we fight for dominance.

"MOM!" I pull back and laugh.

I say "And welcome to my house"

She laughs and lets go of my waist.

I make my way downstairs to see Bella and Jenna fighting over the tv remote with Nicole laughing on the side, watching them fight over it.

Bella sees me and says "Tell Jenna that we can't watch these stupid cartoons all the time!"

"Language Bella."

She rolls her eyes and says "Sorry. But can you tell her to give me the remote!"

Jenna says "No! Mommy I didn't get to watch any cartoons at Grandma's!"

Bella says "Thats a lie! Are you kidding me?!"

"No it's not!"

"Yes it is! First you lie about me teaching you curse words and now about a freaking cartoon?!"

I cut into the argument "STOP! No one gets to watch tv. Go outside and do something productive"

They both groan and walk into the backyard with Nikki following behind. I go into the kitchen and finish washing the dishes. I feel two arms wrap around my waist. She whispers "Ya know you're really hot when you're mad"

I giggle and say "Well ya know you're really hot. Period."

She laugh and kisses the back of my neck, giving me chills.

She says "Okay what's for dinner"

"I thought since its our first night all together, we can make like a nice meal"

She nods and says "Okay so salad, some kind of pasta, and then desert"

I nod and say "Sounds good! Let me know when it's done!"before running outside.

"Demi!!!! Get back in here!"

I laugh and walk through the door. She's standing there with her hands on her hips. I smile innocently and say "Yes?"

She raises her eyebrows and says "You know you're not leaving me to make this"

I smile and say "Ohhh I was kiddddding, relax"

"Don't tell me to relax missy"

"Or what?" I tease.

"You'll see" she says.

"Oooooo I'm so scared!" I say sarcastically.

"Shut up and start with the salad".

I salute her "yes ma'am!"

I laugh and start making the salad.

As I'm mixing the lettuce around in a big bowl Jess says "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course"

"This probably sounds so weird, but like how are you with sex....?"

I laugh and say "What? What do you mean?"

She smiles shyly and says "Well I don't know, I mean I understand we haven't had it. We've only been with eachother for like a month, but are you like sex crazy"

I giggle and say "Well....I wouldn't say I'm crazy about it. Wait no that didn't come out right. I mean I love sex" I giggle "But there's more than just sex in a relationship" I say seriously.

She nods and says "thank god you think that"

I smile and continue making the salad.

"Girls! Dinner!" I yell from the kitchen.

They all run in laughing. They go to sit down and I say "wash your hands first." They groan and run upstairs to wash their hands.

Jess laughs and says "I feel like living here is gunna turn me into a mom"

I smile and hug her from behind and say "Well maybe one day you will be a mom". She smiles and says "I hope so". I smile and give her a peck on the lips before setting the rest of the table. The girls come down, we say grace, and eat.

*10 PM*

"Alright time for bed" I say to Bella. Jenna's been asleep since 8:30. I stand up from the couch and Jess' comfortable, warm arms. Bella runs upstairs to get ready for bed. Jess stands up and says "You too Nikki"

Nikki says "But I'm not going to school tomorrow, so why?"

Jess says "Because we have court at 9 so you need a good night sleep"

Nikki sighs and looks down. I give a shy smile towards Jess as I see her frown at Nicole.

I hate seeing the both of them like this. But hopefully after tomorrow it'll all be okay.

After saying goodnight to Bella and Nicole we get into bed. Jess sighs and snuggles her face into my neck. I wrap my arm around her and play with her hair. I say "Don't stress about it. You have a good lawyer, and a really really good chance of custody."

"Yea but I was talking to Nikki before bed, and she's terrified to see them."she says into my neck.

I kiss her head and say "All you can do is what you've been doing, and that's just being there for her."

"Is it wrong for me to be scared?" she asks quietly.

"Of course not. But just know that ill be waiting right outside of that court room, and ill always be here for you and Nikki"

She picks her head up and says "I really do love you"

I giggle and kiss her lips with so much love and say "And I really love you so much more. Now get some sleep"

She puts her head back down on my chest and I play with her hair until both of us fall asleep.