Fleeting Moments In Time

If only there existed a single moment in time in which I felt alive. A single moment in which I was confident, sure of myself, and driven by some glimmer of hope. If only there was a single moment in time in which I looked into the mirror and saw someone who defined the words strong and capable and unbreakable.

Instead I look into this mirror and see only dark clouds shattered by madness and fear and uncertainty. A haunting image of a face that no one knows. If I gave you the key, would you dare to unlock all the secrets within me?

Because nothing lives forever, and this body is only a shell. I can't prevent the death that lurks within my brain, I can only silence it by welcoming it with open arms and an open heart. To speed up a process that is far too painfully slow, to finally succumb to this misery I've come to know.

To finally awake without opening my eyes to this broken world, to explore this vast mystery without ever standing upon these tired legs.

A paradise and a prison hidden within time, only unlocked by the weakest individuals who haven't the strength left to fight. It is here we wander, and it is here we sleep to the lullabies of all those who lie alone and weep.