Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Dyslexia

-----------------

Becca POV

"Becca food is ready!" my mom called from downstairs.

"Im not hungry!" I yelled back.

"I don't care come down this instant."

I rolled my eyes as I left my room and stomped down the stairs like a little kid. This isn't how a teenager should live her life . I should be in a dorm, on a food plan, not under the same roof as my mom and my 15 year old sister. It's times like this that make you wonder what are you going to do with your life. Sometime I feel like a failure with not being accepted to the college I wanted to be in. If I could go back I would have studied more, partied less, but things don't work that way.

I finally reached the bottom of the steps and sat down at my usual spot where a steaming hot plate of rice and chicken sat in font of me.

"Skylar Stone McLarin get your butt down and eat!" My mother yelled.

I internally sighed. It was that time of the month again for my mom. And I don't mean her period so get your head out of the gutter. It was time for her to pay bills and she was always stressful this time of the month. "Im here you happy?" Sky asked before taking a seat across from me and began eating.

"Very." My mother said.

"So who's turn is it to wash the dishes?" my mom asked.

"Mine I answered."

"Okay I got to get ready for work, im working overtime tonight."

"Alright im having a sleepover at Charlie's tonight." I said to my mom after I stuffed a spoon full of rice in my mouth.

"So sorry but tonight you cant." said my mom.

"Why not its Friday?" I asked not understanding her.

"Yeah I know that but do you remember what happened when we left Sky all by her self last time?"

I thought back to how pissed off my mom was when she caught Sky and her boyfriend making out on her own bed.

"Okay point taken, I wont go." I said slightly that im being punished for something my sister did. Everyone know not to go into your mothers room. Your bound to get caught.

"Well if you don't mind,maybe I can tag along. I never had a sleepover before."

I was about to say no but my mom beat me with her response.

"Okay sounds great...Becca don't forget to wash the dished before you leave."

And with that she left to get ready for work.

"Well I guess your coming with me then." I said after standing up to throw out my food. I told her I wasn't hungry. Might as well get a head start with these dishes.

---------------

Skylar's POV

I seriously wonder why I am the youngest when im clearly smarter than my sister. She insisted on running to Charlotte's house instead of talking a taxi there. Don't get me wrong i'm all about cardio fitness bur she is crazy. Were allowed to miss one day of running.

"I refuse to run." I said angrily.

"Oh come on stop being a party pooper, Its only a 20 minute run, that's nothing."

"I don't care."

"Please... I didn't run this morning."

"Well that's not my fault." I said crossing my legs and began to search for a taxi number on my phone."