Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Next question

---------

Becca's POV

Hands tucked securely into my denim blue jeans I walked into the brisk evening air. Charlotte was parked 3 minutes away from where I'm supposed to meet James.

I finally found the destination where I was supposed to meet him and sat down on the metal bench that immediately made my butt cold with its contact. Soon enough I heard footsteps approaching the deserted area that I was in.

"Becs?"

I turned around at the familiar tone of voice and see James standing there still in his work clothes.

He looks so damn hot in those clothes!

"Have a seat." I scooted over to the left to make room for James.

Once he sat down we just stared at the beautiful lake hoping it would fill the awkwardness but sadly it didn't.

After a moment he spoke.

"You make me feel uncomfortable."

Wow what a great way to start.

"What?" I asked the hurt and confusion clear in my voice.

"You make me feel uncomfortable I-."

"Wait I heard you the first time, you don't have to repeat yourself." I said.

James shifted closer to me making it impossible not to smell him, Gosh I feel like a creep.

"I'm sorry let me finish. The reason you make me feel... this way is because being around you makes me not know what to do. I want to kiss you, touch you, hold you and it scares the hell out of me." James said staring intensely into my eyes.

"Why?" Is all that I could say at the moment.

"Because I'm not this man Becs, I'm not this guy who takes you on a date, who consoles you when you cry, who knows how to make everything better. That's the kind of guy you need, the guy I want to be but can't. I'm not ready to change." James said all in one breath.

"You're the kind of girl who you take home for the weekend, not just for the night." He finished.

I felt the heat creep around my whole entire body. I knew what was going to happen, I was getting angry.

"So your ending something before it even began because you're scared. Why! you're scared you'll what love me? You'll want to change?" I asked.

After being answered with silence all I could say is...

"Whatever."

Turning to walk away I was stopped by his words.

"Becca wait!"

He just called me Becca, He just called me by my name! Even saddened it still sounded perfect coming from him. Damn!

"What?" I asked not even turning around.

"Just listen...I'm sorry I-."

"No you listen, you're sorry you just told me I'm too stable for you, that I'm a commitment kind of girl. How dare you. You don't even know me. You know nothing you're just assuming, never have you ever asked me a question about my past, what kind of person I am, so stop telling me about myself! And go to hell I'm not that girl you just described. I'm far from it but you'll never know" I said and with that I left the park.

---------------

Becca's POV

"We're here." Charlie said pulling up into the beach.

"What time is it?" I asked

"6:15." She asked back.

"The sun should be setting soon. Do you want to watch it?" I asked looking at Charlie.

"Yeah let's get some ice cream first."

Nodding my head I followed her.

"Two vanilla cones please." Charlie asked politely.

Taking off our shoes we walked across the hot sand. I just wanted to cry. It felt so peaceful, so content. How could I be envious of sand?

"Thank you." Was all I could say before breaking down.

"For what?" Charlie asked looking confused

"For not asking me what happened, for waiting for me to tell you, Thanks." I said.

"No problem, that's what friends are for."

Wiping away my tears I began telling her the story.

"You are so strong Becca, I don't think I could of told him off like that, especially without crying."

Charlie said while rubbing my shoulder to comfort me.

I couldn't help but smile at her words. No one's ever called me strong before. I like the way it sounds.

------

After a minute of peaceful silence I finally broke it.

"Charlie if I ask you some questions would you answer them?" I asked.

"Yeah of course."

"That night at the club when Damien asked you were there any relation to Cravin Baine you said no but... you said it like you know him." I said anxiously awaiting for her answer.

"Becca first that's not a question, and second I'll tell you but you can't freak out." She finally said.

I never heard Charlie so serious before.

"Okay" I said.

"Cravin Baine is my father, he and I-."

"Wait did you just say father? He's wealthier than Bill Gates, He owns most of the world. Okay not most of the world but he is soooooo powerful!" Still rambling on I stopped when I noticed Charlotte looking at the water with an empty expression on her face.

"Charlie, I'm sorry please continue." I said feeling bad.

"It's okay you reacted better than most." Clearing her throat she began.

"He and I are not that close, he's distant and cold. Ever since my mom died when I was thirteen he became more of a business man than a father, I think it's because I look most like her, whatever next question." Charlie said.

"How did your mother die?"

Breast cancer

"I'm so sorry."

Charlie laughed.

"What's so funny? I asked.

"You're the first person whose apology sounded sincere, Thank you."

"You're welcome." I said.

"Next question." Charlie said.

"Are you the only child?"

"Nope, I'm one of three. Andrew, Tristen, than me."

"How old?" I asked

"Andy is 24 and Tristen is 22."

Last question and you can't freak out okay?"

"Okay what is it?

"Can I stay the night at you place?"

All I could see was panic on her face.

~~~~~~~

So sorry this took a long time to update but it's here!!! Yayyy lol so chapter eight will be posted later on today seeing that it's 1:17 am or Sunday.

As always please fan if you haven't already, comment,and vote.

Happy reading.

-Cassie xx