Billion Dollar Contract

Start from the beginning

“I see. However, with the nature of this potential agreement, I would hope that you would see the reason behind me having you move into my house.” There was a certain edge to his voice that covered my skin in goosebumps. “It makes sense, yes?”

I nodded quietly. “Yes, Sir. That was my only concern.”

“Good. Now onto my questions.” He said gruffly, quickly looking over the clipboard. “When is your period due?”

My cheeks flamed and I uncrossed my ankles and crossed them again. “In about three weeks, Sir.”

“I see. Is there any chance that you are currently pregnant or have and sexually transmitted diseases?” I quickly told him that I was entirely clean, producing the papers I had confirming that I was indeed disease free. “Very good.” He asked several questions of the same manner and I answered in kind, trying to evaluate his mood based off of his expressions.

I clasped my hands together and stared down at my lap as his questions came to an end. “Is that all you wish to ask me?”

“No, actually.” My head snapped back up, my eyes landing on his. What else could he possibly have to ask? “Would you like to go to dinner with me tonight? I appreciate your views on life and discipline. You seem like an ideal woman to raise our child. We have the same values, and I believe that I can trust you to be monogamous, at least while you are pregnant.” He paused, looking me up and down. “You are very attractive, Miss Simmons. If you find our agreement suitable, I would like to begin as soon as possible.”

Nodding, I answered him. “I will go to dinner with you.”

“Very good, Miss Simmons. This could be the beginning of something beneficial for the both of us.” It was only then that he gave me a real smile, and the simple gesture had things tightening low in my belly. “You are dismissed, Miss Simmons. Be ready for a car to pick you up at seven tonight.”

I nodded and stood. “Yes, Mr. Hanson.”

* * *

“I will have the beef wellington. What about you, Miss Simmons?” Vane Hanson looked between the waiter and myself, watching me carefully.

I floundered for an answer before taking a deep breath and calming myself. “May I please have the ribeye, done medium rare?” The waiter wrote it down and excused himself, leaving me and Vane alone.

“You should enjoy the way your steak is cooked. Once you are pregnant, you will only be allowed to eat beef that is well done.” He took a drink of his water and set it back down, regarding me with cautious eyes. “Are you still willing to sign this contract? In doing so, one billion dollars will be transferred to your bank account and my lawyers will assist you in starting up your own design studio. You will have access to my contacts, and I will help you get a client base. In return, you give me a child, an heir to my fortune.”

I nodded, thinking that the deal seemed pretty fair. This was what I wanted. I wanted to have my own clothing line and all of  that, so if having this man’s baby will give me that, I will sign the damned contract. I would so whatever I had to do to get what I wanted out of life. “If you are certain that you want me to carry your child, I will sign the contract.”

“Ambitious. I like that. It will be a great quality to instill in our child.” He gave me another smile and I relaxed a bit. “So, Miss Simmons, are you open to physical contact, or would you rather we go the medical route?”

I thought about it for a moment. “We can… have sex. I am not against it. You are an attractive man, Mr. Hanson.”

“I think you have the right to call me by my name, Sinclair. After all… You will be screaming it.” I blushed heavily. I couldn’t believe that he just said that… in public of all places. “We shall begin tomorrow evening. I would take you back to my place tonight, but I have a meeting early in the morning and I am known for my stamina.”

I struggled for words, shooting daggers in his direction. “You do not need to be so crude! I am not your common whore.”

“Aren’t you?” He shot back, eyes darkening with his irritation. “I am, afterall, paying you to have sex with me and bear my child. A whore is someone that has sex for money, yes?”

I blushed and angry tears gathered in my eyes, causing me further embarrassment. “You know what? This was a bad idea.” I stood from the table and turned on my heel and stormed toward the entrance of the restaurant. If I was going to become a fashion designer, I would have to do it myself.

“Sinclair! Where the hell are you going?” Vane had followed me outside and whirled me around to face him.

I glared and yanked my arm away from him. “If you expect me to carry your child, you will have to respect me. I will not just sit around and let you call me a whore. I am doing what has to be done to get what I want in life, the same as you. So if you will excuse me, I have microwaveable dinners waiting at home.”

“I will call you tomorrow. Think about the contract. Don’t put your life on hold because you overreacted.” With that, he walked back inside, stuffing his hands in his pockets.