Apparently, she wasn't as incognito as she thought that night.

------

The muggy atmosphere was starting to make Zayne restless as he stood near the entrance way of the library. His tall frame would've been barricading the door if he hadn't chosen to take a couple of steps to the left to suddenly accommodate those exiting. He was well on his way just like everyone else when a girl that he'd spoken a simple 'excuse me' to earlier wanted to stop him.

He was in the midst of searching for a book to complete a research paper when he noticed her standing in front of the section that he needed. A glimpse of his green eyes and a faint smile was all it took, she was hooked. She claimed she wanted to 'get to know him' courtesy of his reputation.

Zayne wasn't at all moved by the girl's presence. He admired her mocha complexion, auburn tresses, straight white teeth, dimpled cheeks, and chestnut brown eyes. He thought she was cute, but still she wasn't doing it for him. He had other things he could be doing instead of standing there, listening to her fawn over him. "Thank you, baby girl."He smirked, deciding that he could at least act like he was interested in her. She'd just given him another compliment, this one being about his eyes.

He chuckled lowly,"Yeah, I get that a lot." He maneuvered the two books that he checked out between both of his hands before holding them at his side. "I'm sure you do. Your eyes are everything!"She squealed. Zayne then took it upon himself to take a couple of steps backwards. Her high pitched voice was wreaking havoc on his ears.

His back came into contact with the wall closest to the entrance. The girl moved closer to him, completely depriving him of his personal space. He usually loved when women chose to step to him. In this case, he was positive that he didn't want her that close. He would have rolled his eyes if he'd had the energy to be his normal self – blunt with just a hint of rude boy.

As if on cue, he unexpectedly caught sight of a whirlwind of wild dirty blond curls rushing by. He knew that head of hair. Promise damn Taylor. Zayne then smiled down at the girl,"I gotta go. Uh..." He furrowed an eyebrow, awaiting her name. "Leah."She finished with a nodding of her head and small smile. He sent her a half grin in return before pushing off the wall with his foot.

"Well Leah, it was nice talking to you. I'll see you around."He sped walk past her, his eyes trailing after the one woman who seemed to enjoy riling him up lately.

Zayne's walking came to a quick halt as the realization of what he was doing came into full focus. Was he really about to try and catch up to this girl? She'd did a number on him Saturday. He couldn't deny that she, in fact, turned him on — damn near to the point of no return. She stirred something up and he intended to finish it.

He wasn't one to leave things that way —unfinished.

He watched as she smiled to herself prior to glancing up and waving at a couple of people passing by. "Promise,"He yelled, her name spewing from his lips without his consent. She turned around, her hair bouncing with each step she took. Her left eyebrow shot up in mock curiosity as she took in that Zayne was the one that called her.

He clutched his books tighter to his side as he shuffled towards her. He'd been unintentionally thinking about her for the past two days. She had his mind reeling.

"What do you want Zayne?"

"Damn, no hey Zayne?"He teased with an arch of his eyebrow.