Chapter XXXI

Joel's POV

I loot a couple of things. "Alright. Where to now?" I think aloud and I walk around in the water some more. I walk around and jump over something and see a door. "I don't think I tried over there yet." I walk through the doors and a light disconnects from the ceiling, scaring me. I dive underwater and swim through some doors, and then some more and come above water. I see another door. "Over there." I walk to it and there's a gate. "I need to find a way around that gate."

I walk out if the room and dive underwater. I swim through some other doors underwater and come up. I walk through two doors. "Oh, damn it. Spores." I mumble and put on my gas mask. I walk through some other doors and I see rats. "Oh shit." I craft a Molotov and a Nail Bomb. I walk through another door and I see a generator. I pull on it twice and I'm attacked by a Stalker. I shoot it with my shotgun and I pull the generator again. But some more Stalkers attack me.

I shoot a bunch more of them. I pull the generator and it turns on but makes really loud noises. "Goddammit." I hear a bunch of infected.

I kill a whole bunch of them, including a Bloater. I walk into a room and pick up a key card. I walk around and go down a long corridor and slide the key card and it unlocks a door. I walk through it and shut the door behind me. I take my gas mask off. "Ah, so much for that. I gotta find Ellie." I walk up two flights of stairs and go through a door. I loot some things.

I walk down a hall and down some stairs, and I open a door. I see a Clicker and I take my bow out to shoot it, but someone else does. Hunters. I hide behind something while the two guys have a conversation. I sneak behind one as soon as he turns his back and I strangle him. I walk through a door and there's a lot more of them then I thought.

I kill a couple of them. I walk around and see a ladder. I pick it up and place it against a wall. I start to climb up it but when I get to the top, a Hunter jumps in front of me. He kicks me in the face, making me fall backwards into a deep puddle of water. I sit up and cough but the Hunter grabs me by the neck and pushes me back underwater. I struggle against him but come up and punch him in the face and he stumbles back. I come up and I rub my throat but he pushes me back under, now my back is facing him, I see a gun and I reach for it.

The guy grabs my arm and I see someone take the gun out of the water, and I hear a gunshot. The guy falls back, dead. I shoot up from the water and take a big gasp of air, and I look to my side to see who saved my life.

A/N

Oooooooooo. Who do you think rescued Joel? If it wasn't for them Joel would be dead. Chapter 31! I'm gonna start to write Chapter 32 right now. Alright I'm gonna fill all y'all in.

Runners- Normal infection. Or stage one. At this stage, the one who's infected is really fast. If you're bitten by one, you can turn.

Stalkers- An infected person that has the ability to take cover. Or stage two. These are the ones you met in this Chapter.

Clickers- An infected person that is blind and makes clicking noises. Or stage three. If you get bitten by one, you'll die instantly but most likely come back to life as an infected persons.

Bloaters- An infected that is huge and has fungal body armor. They won't do much unless provoked to do so. These ones usually don't bite, they tear your face apart. Pleasant, yeah?

Hunters- A group of normal people who kill all in their territories for supplies.

So there you go. I never mentioned Stalkers before because I knew they would come along soon.

Vote
Comment
Read

xoxo