Chapter Five-Part One

Start from the beginning

   The last time, Si Jin came to her in a helicopter. Now, who will take the helm in protecting her team? Will it be Si Jin? Maybe he might have secretly been sent here, she thought. However, she knew that what she thought might not be true, for Si Jin had his own mission to tend to in China. There's no way he could come here and prepare himself at a very short time. She heard that there were no helicopters this time, according to the Foreign Ministry who had coordinated with the UN. Instead, a special convoy will be sent to pick them up.

   "Aigoo, it's so hot! Let's go inside, shall we?" Dr Kim fretted, pulling Mo Yeon away from her reverie. Dr Kim made her move, but to her surprise, no one in the team budged. "Yah, yedera! Let's go inside! Do you want to get roasted out here?! Only a fool would stay!"

   The team members looked at each other, not knowing what to do. "We only follow Kang-sonsaeng's orders, Kim-sonsaeng. She ia the team leader." Dr Song spoke out, stating the team's clear order of leadership. The team had been told before by the Director to only listen to the team leader days ago. "We go when we go, we stay when she ask us to stay."

   Dr Kim only huffed at Dr Song's stoic reply, relenting instead since she had no support. Mo Yeon watched the arrogant lady with a pitiful sigh. 

   Just as Mo Yeon's mind was about to wander back, suddenly, they heard the sound of rumbling engines from a distance, its sound loud and rough. The team instinctively turned to the direction of the sound, and saw six vehicles approaching them in uniformed formation–four humvees and two large transport trucks all painted with UN colours. It was easy enough for Mo Yeon to know that their transport had arrived. While the interns, and not to mention Dr Kim, grumbled at their incoming convoy, the seniors only stood with their heads shaking silently.

   The vehicles stopped right in front of them, and the moment Mo Yeon saw the first person who came out of the vehicle wearing dark shades, she thought she actually saw Si Jin. The shades were all too familiar, and the way he stood with his men reminded her totally of him. Somehow, something pulled her out of her reminiscence when the man, whom she estimated was slightly taller than Si Jin, and had two black diamond insignias on both sides of his collar. Mo Yeon took the pain to memorise military insignias. Today, it came in handy to kbow that the leading man of the convoy was ranked First Lieutenant.

   And to her surprise as well, the special convoy were all Korean.

   Now that is really a convoy.

   The First Lieutenant approached the team with great strides, his hands on his hips. His men formed a line behind him with two of them carrying something that was dirty-brown in colour.

   "Does this remind you of anything?" Mo Yeon heard Dr Song whispering to her ear. "I see that you can't keep your eyes of that man."

   Mo Yeon rolled her eyes upon hearing her sunbae's words.

   The First Lieutenant stopped within metres away from the team, taking his time to look at their faces cooly. Satisfied with what he saw, he nodded his head. "Annyounghaseyo yeorobun. I am Jungwi Baek Joong Shin, squad leader of Delta Team, and we will be your security team during your stay."

   The interns bowed in respect to the lieutenant politely, replying with greetings.

   "I heard that this is not the first time for some of you. May I know who is the leader of this team?" First Lieutenant Baek demanded, tilting his head to the left slightly.

   "I am." Mo Yeon replied as she approached to the front of her team. It made her uncomfortable when Lieutenant Baek began eyeing her from head to toe, as if disbelieving that a woman like her can be a team leader. She voiced out her insecurity. "Is there a problem, Baek Jungwi?"